What do you think of MMP's stewardship of ASL so far?

What do you think of MMP's handling of ASL so far?

• They are doing a fantastic job!

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Not perfect, but they're doing very well

Votes: 42 29.6%
  • Good. Better than I thought they would

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I'm content with the job they're doing

Votes: 32 22.5%
  • They're doing a mediocre job

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • Not terrible, but I wish they were doing a lot better

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Terrible. I'm very disappointed so far

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

AnewNewbie

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
The Twilight Zone strikes again.I'm getting a new mesaage logo saying priest posted today!Hmmm....bug in software methinks.

AnewNewbie

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
DO-DO DO-DO DO-DO........"You have entered A Dimension without sight or sound......." :nuts:

hydrou

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I think tehy´re doing a good job, ok at some points there could be some minor changes (BV...), but in sum it´s ok.:cool:

AnewNewbie

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
AnewNewbie said:
DO-DO DO-DO DO-DO :rolleyes:
If your reading this,I really did post this today(or tomorrow,as the case may be,next week even) but I posted the above yesterday?nope,sorry,wasn't me guv',honest.However if you read this tomorrow then I would've posted yesterday but I posted this today so thats wrong.Then again,in a few weeks time it will say that I posted this today again and the following day it will say yesterday so that could be right.Depends when your looking at this.So hello from yesterday and also a week from now. :nuts:

edit:and no I haven't eaten any mind-altering substance,but if this is tomorrow,I might have,however its yesterday so I haven't.

Last edited:

Priest

Reaction score
AnewNewbie said:
If your reading this,I really did post this today(or tomorrow,as the case may be,next week even) but I posted the above yesterday?nope,sorry,wasn't me guv',honest.However if you read this tomorrow then I would've posted yesterday but I posted this today so thats wrong.Then again,in a few weeks time it will say that I posted this today again and the following day it will say yesterday so that could be right.Depends when your looking at this.So hello from yesterday and also a week from now. :nuts:

edit:and no I haven't eaten any mind-altering substance,but if this is tomorrow,I might have,however its yesterday so I haven't.
:argh:

AnewNewbie

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
LOL!! :D :D It's just my comment on the bug in the forum software.

edit:Hey!I just made sergeant.

Last edited:

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Whoa, this works, I'm in...happy days are here again. :surprise:

Oh by the way I think MMP is doing a spot on job, at least they listen to their customer base (perhaps too much than working on product?) Compared to the old AH in which we basically rot in H#ll. Taken in proper perspective the productivity is very high, it took AH over 15 years to publish 11 modules and some 4 other historical modules. MMP in contrast blows this record in SPADES by putting out 4 historical studies, reprinted the rule twice as well as reprinting several depleted modules in a couple of years! :)

I'm not sure what the old AH stock level was like, but I'm sure that MMP is being very careful to not let inventory kill them as an entity allowing them to survive to support our hobby. Great Work Guys!!! :D

Last edited:

DLYoung70

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think MMP is doing a pretty decent job. It's got to be hard to keep such a product going... the target audience isn't exactly huge, and the costs have to be at least a little high when you think of all the research that goes into making a product.

One thing I'd like to see stopped is the "versioning" of the core modules. I have BVv1, with the blue (like Germans) Finns. I have BVv2 with the grey Finns and the RB addition. Soon I'll be looking at picking up BVv3 with the new-style boards and God only knows what other changes... and since it does not appear to contain RB anymore, I'm probably looking at getting RBv2, which will be the same as RBv1 (or will it?). C'mon guys... solidify the national OB's and modules, and never EVER change them again! If you have to add new counters or change existing ones, do it with the issuance of a HASL module or HS or even some more AP's.

Once they get that settled out (and in stock at all times!) the I'd be happy just to see a new Journal each year, and one other module (Historical, HS, AP, whatever), maybe two if time allows. I know everyone likes new stuff, but how much can you play in a year anyway? If you have 8-12 scenarios in a module and another 15-20 in the Journal, I'm guessing that'd be anough to last from one Christmas or Birthday to the next!

I guess my point is "more addition / expansion and NO CHANGES"!

Darrell

CPRad

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
RE:Time

AnewNewbie said:

Geeeez .. just when I was getting a handle on your time zone ..: -(

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now that I think about it, I believe the lads at MMP are really listening to the fans. I previously recommended that serious thinking had to go into easing the frustration of new players by ensuring that all of the necessary components are in the core modules.

Most importantly BV the primary module and logically the first that players need must have all of the necessary maps required by the scenarios so that players do not go out of their way to hunt down old SL games or some other later module to retrieve other maps. Now that MMP has addressed this with the pending reprint of BV, this will allieviate a great deal of frustration for new players who want to get into this hobby full tilt.

Now the presumption is that for every successive module the scenarios will only require boards that were accumulated through successive acquisition of modules. A very logical arrangement. :cheeky:

Heck, I might even grab a couple of more copies of the new BV and leave these in the trunk of the car as everything I need is there (with the exception of additional rulebooks) for the cottage :love:

Last edited: