What do you think of MMP's stewardship of ASL so far?

What do you think of MMP's handling of ASL so far?

• They are doing a fantastic job!

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Not perfect, but they're doing very well

Votes: 42 29.6%
  • Good. Better than I thought they would

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I'm content with the job they're doing

Votes: 32 22.5%
  • They're doing a mediocre job

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • Not terrible, but I wish they were doing a lot better

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Terrible. I'm very disappointed so far

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

da priest

Reaction score
Jesus D. Argaiz said:
Only a question

Why MMP doesn´t hire a full-time person to research ASL line as Dean Essig does in The Gamers line?

Don't think he is an employee.

But an ASL honcho like him is possible, but each new module/CGHASL already has one I think.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I must be insane but, how I feel about MMP is probably similar to how sports fans feel about their home team. When the home is in a slump the fans think that they're a bunch of bums. But, when they are hot and on a winning streak, the fan think they're the Best and given the latest posting of the box cover for AoO on their pre-order site, I think MMP is definitely Sierra Hotel!!!
:love:

Last edited:

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I might be happy too... I just wish I didn't know that all that needed to be done was a couple days of counter layout.

For some reason, I find that very frustrating to think about. MMP could rake in quite a bit of cash, theres SO LITTLE left to do.

I keep thinking it must be something like artist's block. They just can't drag themselves through the last step to get AoO out the door.

Thats the first and last thing I'll say about AoO... :|

Loquitor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Its fun to read some of the old posts in this section, especially from August of 2003 where Brian Y is quoted as saying he hopes to have the Rule Book at the printers by September...September 2003 that is.

I voted "not perfect" because of my frustration over the bottle neck. We should have seen AOO, VotG and J6 as new products along with the reprints of BV and ASLRB this year. With all the maps already printed, and printed for years, AOO is a bunch of money just waiting to be cashed in on. I was also expecting next year to have HP, RO, Ortona and one action pack (maybe Eastern Front)

As to Dean E., I believe the announcement was that he was "hired" so that would imply he is an employee. Brian said MMP was looking to hire someone to help with ASL, but there was no follow up to that

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I would rather wait for a quality product than get 3 modules a year. Of course, there is no excuse for AoO taking 10 years, so maybe its the best module ever lol.

Im chomping at the bit for VoTG :love: and Ortona, cant wait for them to come out, but they had better be well done :mad:

I voted for not bad. They certainly have improved from the 95 annual, that thing was a disaster.....they could have made another magazine for the errata that came out for the 95 annual.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

I voted they are doing a terrible job, There really was no reason to put a 2nd edition RB out when they could have incorperated errata pages into the 1E ASLRB. Alot of the rules clearifications have been shoddy at best. When MMP renagotieated the ASL license earleir this year, they could have at least got rid of the exclusive ASL clause. That right there proved just how mean and stubborn MMP is. I mean, if you dont want to publish ASL anymore, why hold on to the license? Just for spite?
Revised Finn module is really not nessassary but I guess to each his own.
Not republishing Red Barricades plus having half the system OOP for the last two years truly shows how much MMP cares for the core of the hobby.
I do give them kudo's for OVHS, perhaps the only good HASL put out by them around 3 years ago.

Scott

paulkenny

Reaction score
You all are missing the point, MMP putting the AoO cover on their webpage just allows them to delay the release for another year! :p :devil:

paulkenny

Reaction score
Next year you can expect a detailed scenario listing, the year after that a sample counter sheet, year after that an announcement of it going to the printers immenently, the year after that an announcement that the product has actually gone to the printers the year after that they announce that printer had a problem, etc. etc. etc!!!! :cheeky: ;)

paulkenny

Reaction score
Ron, be more specific you are as confusing as Dennis Miller announcing a Monday Night Football game! :bandit: :alien: :D

Matt Romey

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
paulkenny said:
Ron, be more specific you are as confusing as Dennis Miller announcing a Monday Night Football game! :bandit: :alien: :D
Paul's right, but I've been watchin Ron long enough to know what he meant: the amount of time before Tabby would chime in with an anti-MMP post.

You know you were trolling when you bumped this topic, Ron! :p

I love it though, flame wars are fun. :devil:

da priest

Reaction score
Matt Romey said:
Paul's right, but I've been watchin Ron long enough to know what he meant: the amount of time before Tabby would chime in with an anti-MMP post.

You know you were trolling when you bumped this topic, Ron! :p

I love it though, flame wars are fun. :devil:
Ruin the fun ya devil!!! :smoke: :laugh: :joy:

Sapper Daddy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think they are doing a good job but why don't they advertise in a historical magazine like World WarII to spur interest?

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They actually have done that; a few months ago, I think they had an ad in World War II magazine, or something similar.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, just for my own satisfaction; how is MMP doing a good Job WITH ASL? (NOT THE ASLSK)

Scott

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
After reading a Victor post, I gotta think maybe MMP is not doing enough quite yet :)

He was unable to tell that PC Squad Leader is a crime committed upon wargaming.

MMP ain't advertising nearly enough if there are Victors out there :)