What do you get up to while playing?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Last Friday I had a VASL session playing in a three handed game of the CH! Operation Norwind, Nordic Twilight.
It's a decent scenario and quite large.

I also had fallen somewhat behind with the laundry so arranged my laptop on the end of the Ironing board and played while polishing off a load or two of laundry. Got brownie points from the Missus and a good game in.
What else have people done while playing?

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States
I've never had occasion to do anything of that sort, and I'm wondering if the three-way nature of the game had anything to do with it. Or very slow play by some 'grinder'. No opponents for a few months now, but we used to use the actual maps and counters over a Skype connection. I always encouraged fast play, and tended to stick with opponents who did the same. Unless it was an agreed upon 'bio-break' for 5 minutes, the counters never stopped moving, nor the dice stop rolling.

I could see it against a somewhat slow player while using VASL on a laptop, though.

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Get food or drink.

Let the dogs out or in.

Take work calls/ texts.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I'm curious, why do people clip counters? Why not just trim the little tab so it if flush with the edge?
For them it's a sign of the Covenant that they have with the mighty one Lord (John Hill). In addition the clippings when burnt are pleasing incense to his nostrils.

I like to make the corners nice and square, military sharpness. I'm surprised nobody has manufactured miniature corner protectors, shaped like tents that you could crimp on each corner. I will not subject my counters to CGM (Counter Genital Mutilation).

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
For them it's a sign of the Covenant that they have with the mighty one Lord (John Hill). In addition the clippings when burnt are pleasing incense to his nostrils.

I like to make the corners nice and square, military sharpness. I'm surprised nobody has manufactured miniature corner protectors, shaped like tents that you could crimp on each corner. I will not subject my counters to CGM (Counter Genital Mutilation).
Oh, Paul. That's not where a counter's genitals are at all. This explains so much. ;)

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Drink, herbal supplements and more frequent urination at my age.

Rich

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sadly, Yuengling seems difficult to acquire west of the Mississippi. Fortunately, we have other good options!

dpabrams77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sadly, Yuengling seems difficult to acquire west of the Mississippi. Fortunately, we have other good options!
Yuengling moved into Indiana in March. That is the farthest west you an get it.

As for me:
-Hydration
-Urination
-Putting out/ bringing in wiener dogs
-making secret LOS checks with a protractor

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I usually go out back and light off some fireworks then go bang on the drums for awhile or maybe crank up the Amp then rip and schread up the electric guitar.

Curtis Brooks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yuengling moved into Indiana in March. That is the farthest west you an get it.

As for me:
-Hydration
-Urination
-Putting out/ bringing in wiener dogs
-making secret LOS checks with a protractor
I have three wiener dogs and am usually trying to push them off my lap!