What Do You Drive?

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
you can play follow the leader, but would not suggest it. especially here in Houston. Some of the small town cops around here will kill to write you a ticket

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, someone has to be the first one to get tagged... no sense it being you if you can get a thump-punk in a Kia with an engine worth more than the original car to do it for you.

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Flashing headlights!!!!

Originally posted by Janos
You can't really do that in the US can you? I drove mine on the Autobahn -- the road it was designed for. I drove from Heidelberg to Munich in 2.5 hours (roughly) seldom going under 160k/100mph. It was a great ride! Later took "Heidi" (the car) to Switzerland in about the same space of time, but a more leisurely 130k/85mph. She was great on the mountain roads when I got there, too.

JS
You'd be surprised what you can do on the D.C. Beltway. On the stretch I drive there are never any cops out during the hours I drive. You only see them after 10pm during the week (when the drunks come out) and maybe on holiday weekends. There are no shoulders in most places for them to hide, only a few "cut thrus" where they can sit. They realize the car going the posted speed limit (55mph) is the true threat. As long as you're not weaving and cutting people off they'll never bother you. If they want to control speed they'll do a "rolling roadblock", but even then its at 65mph. Once rush hour is over the slow lane is 65-70 mph and the fast lane I drive in is 80-100+. My toughest time is when I get away from the Beltway on Insterstates with posted speeds of 65mph. then I have to slow down.

freightshaker

Reaction score
I drive a 2002 Freightliner Classic XL with a headache rack. 500 HP Detroit 60 series engine. Power windows, mirrors; air ride seat, etc. etc.. I put on about 12,000 miles a month with 324,000 on the engine now. At home I got a 70' Chevelle daily driver with a built 402 BBC. I'm running around 12 in the quarter which is enough for me, getting old ya know.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by freightshaker
I drive a 2002 Freightliner Classic XL with a headache rack. 500 HP Detroit 60 series engine. Power windows, mirrors; air ride seat, etc. etc.. I put on about 12,000 miles a month with 324,000 on the engine now. At home I got a 70' Chevelle daily driver with a built 402 BBC. I'm running around 12 in the quarter which is enough for me, getting old ya know.
Does your truck have a computer too? Or do you just use the ones at truck stops?

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Flashing headlights!!!!

Originally posted by Lance Williams
You'd be surprised what you can do on the D.C. Beltway. On the stretch I drive there are never any cops out during the hours I drive. You only see them after 10pm during the week (when the drunks come out) and maybe on holiday weekends. There are no shoulders in most places for them to hide, only a few "cut thrus" where they can sit. They realize the car going the posted speed limit (55mph) is the true threat. As long as you're not weaving and cutting people off they'll never bother you. If they want to control speed they'll do a "rolling roadblock", but even then its at 65mph. Once rush hour is over the slow lane is 65-70 mph and the fast lane I drive in is 80-100+. My toughest time is when I get away from the Beltway on Insterstates with posted speeds of 65mph. then I have to slow down.
What do ya know. Today on the way to work I actually had a BMW that wanted go in the fast lane, of all things a 318i. That and a Boxster made for a very quick commute..........

freightshaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
Does your truck have a computer too? Or do you just use the ones at truck stops?
Some of the truck stops have wireless internet so I use my laptop from inside the truck. Really nice, usually get a good connection (depends on where I park) and the speed is coparable to DSL.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some of the truck stops have wireless internet so I use my laptop from inside the truck. Really nice, usually get a good connection (depends on where I park) and the speed is coparable to DSL.
That's awesome! Technology sure has come a long way.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That is just so cool...

Dr. S.

Reaction score
After reading these posts, I am embarassed to post.

I am driving a 1991 Pontiac Grand Am, 4 Dr. Right now this is my station car.

On weekends and long trips, I drive the family car, a 2000 Chevy Lumina.