What do you Dread the most when playing ASL? (Game Play)

Rooster2k

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
There is one young lady (12) that is making inroads into the game now on VASL and at tournaments. If she is any indication I would love to see more ladies play. Pure class and smart too.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
There is one young lady (12) that is making inroads into the game now on VASL and at tournaments. If she is any indication I would love to see more ladies play. Pure class and smart too.
there was a very pleasant and interested young lady at Noreaster is year. but few and far between

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't say none. There are a few. To be fair the number of males that are interested in ASL is a very small portion of the population too.

JR
yeah tell me about it. I'm a 2nd generation player who picked up ASL and a real passion for military history from my father and tried to pass it on to my boys but they had ZERO interest in it. Though my oldest took to the drum set and now idolizes Carl Palmer. So I'll consider that a wash man... with extra pride for not going dark side and thinking Peart was the man, Palmer blew him away in any and all drumming aspects.

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No one forces you to repair anything.
True, which makes a dr 6 result all the more painful. More often than not, the malf'd weapon/MA/SA is an important one (particularly in smaller scenarios), so I'll hope for the best. The dice giveth and the dice taketh away...

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
True, which makes a dr 6 result all the more painful. More often than not, the malf'd weapon/MA/SA is an important one (particularly in smaller scenarios), so I'll hope for the best. The dice giveth and the dice taketh away...
Leaving malf’d guns/sw unrepaired is the same as rolling a 6 on he repair dr anyway. Now if it’s an AFV I might choose to not repair the MA.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
But this is the heart of ASL; the difference between not only nationalities, but squad types. It takes a practiced hand to manage then all, but only an impatient tongue to scoff
No scoffing intended. Managing an attack with 6 morale troops is a step above my skill level. I've seen it done to me dozens of times, but somehow my attacks never seem to work out the same way.

TomK

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One of the things I dread is being on the receiving end of OBA, especially when attacking.
Another is HIP weapons with a 3 ROF.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I dread botching my defense and thus not offering my opponent an interesting game.

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've lost games before because I FOTGOT the victory conditions.....sigh. Sometimes I'm doing very well, game in the bag, and decide to go clobber the enemy while he is still reeling only to abandon a position or give him cvp. I get aggressive in all the wrong moments.
Jimfer

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Your tournament, your rules. Oh wait...….
You forget Derek - you never play ASL at Double One :)

Also Gordon offered me another solution. He would not use a dice cup and dice tower - but would use one of Ian Pollard's sealed transparent cups. We both happily rattled dice in a sealed cup........what amused me was he said "give it a good shake - moving it up and down is not a shake". The dice do indeed drive us all crazy............I am going to try and buy two of those to give my opponent another option.

Everyone else was happy to use a dice cup - apart from Pete - and as I told him, he's special :mad:

Many thanks for another great (and fattening) Double One.