What do you Dread the most when playing ASL? (Game Play)

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
when I fire AREA on a key empty hex or on a occupied hex with extra low odds saying the cursed words "just to acquire". Nine times on ten the gun malfs.
Now it happens even when I omit any comment.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I dread my own good luck, on the rare occasions she comes to visit. I feel guilty, even though it is the chance element that keeps the game interesting. I'd rather go through a bad stretch than a great one, and that's with the sting of a 11-10-11 series vs a human wave still fresh in the memory.

Oh, and wound severity die rolls. Those just bite.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
A slow player. One who stares at his one remaining counter for ten minutes.
A player who never seems to even look up from the game.
People who insist on using the same dice. NO! I have at least 50 dice--use one of the others or your own damn dice!!! :mad:
Wait til that counter starts moving on it's own.

Let's see who's laughing then.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
One who stares at his one remaining counter for ten minutes.
My regular partner and I have often come down to the last turn, and it becomes group participation - if it's close, we'll both start pitching ideas on how to get that last squad off the map, or into the building for that 1 VP that one of us is short. As Brent P. said to me, ASL is not head to head so much as two players against the rulebook anyhow. So may as well collaborate on bringing the war to a swift end...

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
enemy AFV's always set me off a bit especially when I have limited or no AT capabilities of my own. they are always running around with impunity and I've been freeze sleazed too many times. it macks with my mind man

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Immobilization Rolls on important AFV's - I KNOW I'm going to fail them before I ever roll. I openly admit to being scared by those rolls.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I forgot how / why they disappeared
ya, I don't quite recall how the bazaar Drow & co saga was discovered. did "they" even play ASL? seemed "they" knew something of the game. were they just mooching kit? I don't remember. just odd and that says a lot for around here

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Dunno if he played ASL but I think he might have.

Anyway, I betcha most of you would read the same story again if it involves young women bending low over the boards to shove some stacks. :p

von Marwitz

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dunno if he played ASL but I think he might have.

Anyway, I betcha most of you would read the same story again if it involves young women bending low over the boards to shove some stacks. :p

von Marwitz
Dude, you gotta get up from your game table and get out some ..

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Dude, you gotta get up from your game table and get out some ..
Well, I tried to install a small ASL table in the club. And at the ice cream parlor. But all that happens is that people are shooting me strange glances and slowly & carefully back off. Some lingered a bit out of curiosity, but when started making panzer-noises at the latest, "Panzer-Angst" stuck every last one of them and they fled...

What did go wrong? Maybe they were intimidated by the complexity of Chapter D? :rolleyes:

But BTT:
What I would dread most is to be taken seriously if I write stuff like the above.
It shouldn't happen, but then novadays people fall for 'alternate facts' and such.

von Marwitz