What do y'all do about missing MG armaments

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
But according to D1.84 you can only use other counters with optional armaments (usually only applicable to AAMG) - not just any counters with different MG. :)
Haha, there you have it. It's in the rulez... :D

Probably this is (inadvertedly) as close as it ever gets in ASL to computer in-game purchases to pimp your whatever.

Another great thing about our game in general: No options for monetary purchases that grant in-game advantages. F*** that sort of monetization!

von Marwitz

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
However, don't more IVHs come in KGP (and if they don't a similar case must exist for another counter)? Are they part of the counter limitations for regular scenarios, or only for scenarios that use the KGP map?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
However, don't more IVHs come in KGP (and if they don't a similar case must exist for another counter)? Are they part of the counter limitations for regular scenarios, or only for scenarios that use the KGP map?
Have fun keeping track of which Pz IVHs originate from which core module, HASL, Journal, SK etc.

But I see new potential for sophistication:

After Oregon-clipping counters, fining down the sides, and spraying them with protective finish, at long last this problem opens a window of justification to laser some minuscule cavity into the side of your counters and to insert RFID-chips that can help you to keep track of their origin.

Might also help to finally solve the irritating issue of not knowing what's beneath your opponent's concealment counters. :)

von Marwitz

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I would certainly use them if I needed to - as I do not apply in scenarios D1.84. :)

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
@bprobst : I was joking -- I was more planning for the day when a good Chinese HASL/CG might come out, and the price was right. I sent the Ch. H that came with to a guy in Germany who was needing it.

P.S. We had the pleasure of hosting a student from Methodist Ladies' College in Melbourne last holiday season.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
P.S. We had the pleasure of hosting a student from Methodist Ladies' College in Melbourne last holiday season.
I hope you convinced her to start a school ASL club. We could do with more ladies at our tournaments (as opposed to the "big girl's blouses" we have a preponderance of already).

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Nor I, but I regularly disregard rules I don't particularly like enforcing.
I agree with your approach in some cases, but ideally i would prefer changing rules when they are poorly designed / overly complex / cumbersome to implement.

Aavar

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I follow the rules. D1.84, "in official scenarios only the armament configuration illustrated in the scenario OB is available unless the number of such vehicles required exceeds the number provided in the game, in which case the excess can be composed of vehicles with optional armament (of the owner's choice) provided that armament is available within that time frame."

JR
Oh No I don't have enough Sherman Counters, I will have to use these Shermans with the optional bow mounted Flamethrowers.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Oh No I don't have enough Sherman Counters, I will have to use these Shermans with the optional bow mounted Flamethrowers.
Unless you are playing a BFP scenario there are no Sherman counters printed with bow-mounted FTs in the game.

JR

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Unless you are playing a BFP scenario there are no Sherman counters printed with bow-mounted FTs in the game.
So I need the BFP pack to get a bow mounted FT? These collectible counter games are getting out of hand.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
So I need the BFP pack to get a bow mounted FT? These collectible counter games are getting out of hand.
Operation Cobra has the bow-mounted FTs. Unless you got one of the golden sets from TAHGC they aren't in the official sets. I don't think any of the other TPPs put one out [EXC: I can't comment on CH nor Broken Ground].

JR