What book would you NOT want to see a movie of ( cause they'd F it up!!)

ActionBurk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well they already blew Lord of the Rings and Starship Troopers so my entry would be Tom Clancy's "Red Storm Rising". Too complex to do on the big screen without being so long as to be unwatchable.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ender's Game...oh wait. :rolleyes: They blew it like I thought they would.

But truth is, I am always game for a movie adaption. If it doesn't work, oh well. If it does, so much the better.

PS: Complete agreement on Starship Troopers; complete disagreement on Lord of the Rings. :)

ActionBurk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ender's Game...oh wait. :rolleyes: They blew it like I thought they would.

But truth is, I am always game for a movie adaption. If it doesn't work, oh well. If it does, so much the better.

PS: Complete agreement on Starship Troopers; complete disagreement on Lord of the Rings. :)
I'm probably nitpicking on LOTR but he really changed some stuff (like how Merry and Pippin joined Frodo,) that should have been left alone. LOTR was one of my favorite books but so was Starship Troopers and how they f'd that up is unforgivable.IMHO.

Bob Miller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm probably nitpicking on LOTR but he really changed some stuff (like how Merry and Pippin joined Frodo,) that should have been left alone. LOTR was one of my favorite books but so was Starship Troopers and how they f'd that up is unforgivable.IMHO.
I'd love to have a beer or eight with you Mr Burk and talk on this topic. Peter Jackson is a doofuss for screwing the pooch so royally on the LotRs movies. He robbed most of the characters of the dignity they had in the books. Theoden, Gimli, Merry, Faramir, etc.

I'm NOT a Heinlen fan at all. Other than Starship Troopers, I could not finish any of his other books as I thought his writing was as bad as his over ego inflated pontificating. But Starship Troopers was good. Over the years I would buy it for Christmas presents and mail it to some kids that I coached (football) if I thought they needed to hear the message of dignity, honor and respect. Most of the moms and dads really thanked me for that.

ActionBurk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd love to have a beer or eight with you Mr Burk and talk on this topic. Peter Jackson is a doofuss for screwing the pooch so royally on the LotRs movies. He robbed most of the characters of the dignity they had in the books. Theoden, Gimli, Merry, Faramir, etc.

I'm NOT a Heinlen fan at all. Other than Starship Troopers, I could not finish any of his other books as I thought his writing was as bad as his over ego inflated pontificating. But Starship Troopers was good. Over the years I would buy it for Christmas presents and mail it to some kids that I coached (football) if I thought they needed to hear the message of dignity, honor and respect. Most of the moms and dads really thanked me for that.
Well I'm a wine guy but you drink the beer and I'll drink the vino.

Read a lot of Heinlein's books targeted to youngsters when I was a kid and liked most of them. He lost me with Stranger in a Strange Land.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Anything from Vertigo Comics. I want the brand to get more recognition, but not if it meant slapping the characters onto a hackjob of a movie. Contrast the silly newer Punisher movie with the same characters from Punisher MAX. Yeah I know it's a different publisher, but same idea.