What boardgames have you played recently?

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the analysis!

AIW sounds like it might be a refreshing break from the uber-detail of ASL. I wasn't aware that action in Lebanon was included in the game. I'm going to look up the titles mentioned by Paul M. Weir as well before buying anything. I don't know if there is much of a market for Arab -Israeli conflict games, and ive given up on ever seeing anything decent on the 1967-73 wars appearing within the ASL system.

I recall that there was a discussion here a few months back about the feasibility of adapting ASL to these conflicts, however I have not heard any indication that MMP or the better TPP's are planning or ever going g to plan any modules for the middle east. AIW will have to do.

Thanks again for your posts...I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation!
If you get a copy LMK - I'd be willing to dust off the old Patturions and Saggers for a VASL game.

KRL, Jon H

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Our interns are back for the summer, so I have been running a weekly get together for about 8-12 attendees. We have been playing Nexus Ops, Ra, Puerto Rico, Railroad Tycoon, Love Letters, Guillotine, 7 Wonders, Pax Porfiriana, and Dungeon Lords.

Next week we are going to try and get Imperial Settlers and Merchants & Marauders out on the table. I also just picked up a couple of the 7 Wonders expansions in order to keep the game fresh as we have been playing this one quite a bit.

Bill

esprcorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Picked up 3 new games for the family vacation... Ticket to Ride Europe (Excellent - everyone loved it), Resistance - Avalon (Excellent - everyone loved it and quick! Though I'm not sure I was playing with may sleuthing geniuses) and finally... Betrayal at the House on the Hill... A lot of fun and my kids especially LOVED it...

Chris Drake

Capitalist Pig
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We played 1830 Railways and Robber Barons on Sunday for the first time, this was a fun game that I have wanted to play for 25 years and finally got the chance.
Played Thunder Alley and Battle Line yesterday.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Beyond The Rhine OCS is up for sale on eBay. Shouldn't be long then till it reaches the retail shops in the UK.

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played a 6-player game of Dominant Species on Saturday followed by a couple of games of Smash Up to decompress after the survival of the species marathon.

Played three games of 7 Wonders last night using the Leaders and Cities expansions. I thought both expansions were really nice additions to an already enjoyable gaming experience.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
currently playing Proud Monster by Compass games with three others, good easy game of eastern front.

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen

My game group is currently in the middle of a CG of Hell's Highway. (Victory Games)

I have command of the 82nd and 101st airborne XXs, secured my objectives and
we all having a blast!! An old classic that is fun to play.

Regards
Joe

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gentlemen

Just curious here, does anyone play GDW/HMS's Europa anymore?
Some great games in that series, such a shame it has more or less been left to die.

Thanks
Joe

HansK

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
First scenario of Wing Leader by GMT.

New take on air combat gaming since you look at the battle from the side. But it works just fine, had a blast playing this. For me it still gave the feeling of combat in the air.

Worth checking out if you like air combat gaming.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played a six-player game of Here I Stand with me as the Protestant. Amazing game. Highly recommended.

Helmseye

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Played a six-player game of Here I Stand with me as the Protestant. Amazing game. Highly recommended.

one of my favourites, Virgin queen is also very good and has improved on some of the game mechanics imo

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Never played HIS, but did play two games of Virgin Queen (PBEM using ACTS and VASSAL). I was just sort of understanding it and the game came to an end and one never started up again.

Peace

Roger