What boardgames have you played recently?

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played "Galaxy Trucker" last night at JR's and thought it was a hoot. It is light fare and should not be taken too seriously. It makes for a good 1 hour nightcap...

Steve

SlyFrog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Make sure you get the Dark Pharoh expansion. It doubles the site cards, so you're not doing the same ones over and over. Highly recommended. The other expansions just add time to the game. Anyone besides me think that Fantasy Flight does too many expansions?
Yes. It is clear (to me at least) that they are now producing games with a mind to how many expansions they can pump out, which bothers me somehow. I would prefer if they would put more effort into getting the base game right, or at least if they did not appear to be attempting to milk me for cash with a flood of expansions.

Probably one of the downsides of running a game company "like a real business." Fantasy Flight does good work, but always appears to be looking at that cash generation angle first and foremost. It's their right (and some would say obligation) as a business, but I find it a bit frustrating as a gamer.

That being said, I agree that Arkham Horror is great fun for what it is, and the base game there alone is enjoyable.

I actually shied away from Dark Pharoah (and the King in Yellow) and bought the Dunwich Horror expansion, as it appeared to add more to the game.

Hovned31

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I currently have Silent War set up and I play a few subs each morning as I'm drinking my morning cup of coffee before work.

L'Emperor

WorldConquest, In40mChunks
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The Devil's Cauldron arrived tody. ASL may be on hold for a bit.

Coenedens

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
For TDC I've not even been charged yet...

In these weeks I'm attending a friendly league at Combat Commander Mediterranean (GMT) at our club.
Previously I've played at La Bataille de Quatre Bras (CoA) .

A month ago I also managed to play with my wife at Battleline (GMT)... I always try to have her play something, but I rarely succeed... Perhaps my daughter, when she'll grow up (now she's three years old). Ehm...

Ale

P.S.: I'm in the process of recording in Boardgamegeek my gaming collection. You can find it at the folowing: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/viewcollection.php3?username=Coenedens&dir=&orderby=&startletter=&own=both&rated=both&comment=both&trade=both&want=both&wishlist=both&notifycontent=both&notifysale=both&notifyauction=both&minrating=&rating=&includetags=&search=&minyear=&maxyear=&B1=Load

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Battleline is very fun!

My son just introduced the family to Munchkin which I find very funny and he really enjoys getting the most powerful character.

djpeteski2

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Poker,

Was in Vegas after super bowl solo
2/4 up 428
2/5 down 82
2/6 up 845

Pretty good given that I was in Vegas for free.

djpeteski2

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yea, I think I have played 2 scenarios of ASL in like the past 3 years.

How ya doin?

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doing well.

Good to see you on here. I'm sure that your upscale erudition will only add to the quality banter, witty repartee and intelligent discussion that these parts are famous for.

Welcome!

Brien Martin

Panthera oncia
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Poker,

Was in Vegas after super bowl solo
2/4 up 428
2/5 down 82
2/6 up 845

Pretty good given that I was in Vegas for free.
Yeah, my friend saw you in the chorus line at the Sands!!! Must have been how you got the comped room :)

Welcome back!!!

Brien

Brien Martin

Panthera oncia
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doing well.

Good to see you on here. I'm sure that your upscale erudition will only add to the quality banter, witty repartee and intelligent discussion that these parts are famous for.

Welcome!
I heard Belford's erudition doesn't go upscale anymore.

Quick, hand Granny a shawl ...

Brien "And so it begins ..."

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Yea, I think I have played 2 scenarios of ASL in like the past 3 years.

How ya doin?
Doing well.

Welcome!
Hell, I've played more than that and you give me crap all the time! Why don't you rip him a new one, peckerhead? :angry:

djpeteski2

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, my friend saw you in the chorus line at the Sands!!! Must have been how you got the comped room :)
That was Freakin' awesome. So the local radio station has a contest. Free round trip airfare for two, hotel stay, $250 spending money to Vegas. Enter online as many times as you want. Me, I write a program to enter me a half million times. Turns out there was less than a million entries, and over half were mine.

QUOTE=Darrell Andersen;977853]
I'm sure that your upscale erudition will only add to the quality banter, witty repartee and intelligent discussion that these parts are famous for.
[/QUOTE]

So I had to look up erudition and still does not know what it means.

I heard Belford's erudition doesn't go upscale anymore.

Quick, hand Granny a shawl ...
You have become a mouthy b-itch haven't you? Remember I still own you. Put your damn dog collar on when you are around me.

Did you run winter war this year?

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Hell, I've played more than that and you give me crap all the time! Why don't you rip him a new one, peckerhead? :angry:
Yeah but you deserve it. Or will at sometime in the future when we're not around, so we're just making sure you get enough sh*t on a karmic level to see you through all the lean times when we're on vacation or unable to come to the computer because Glennbo's mom's being too demanding.

Enjoy. :)

Brien Martin

Panthera oncia
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You have become a mouthy b-itch haven't you? Remember I still own you. Put your damn dog collar on when you are around me.

Did you run winter war this year?
Have become a mouthy b-itch? Please ... I've always been this way!!

You no longer own me ... Darrell does. And he's much more gentle with the Vaseline than you ever were.

Some would say that I've run Winter War into the ground :) Seriously, though, still running the event (10th one this year), and we have a great ASL room at the new hotel (just down the street from the Chancellor) ... ample space and windows, a great room.

You gotta take your poker winnings and come back next year ... have to give you a chance to win me back from Darrell.

Brien "You know ... I think I understand why people think we're all geeks ..."

Brien Martin

Panthera oncia
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Pete, who's the Mouseketeer in your avatar?

I think you've been watching "High School Musical" a bit too often ...

Man, I missed this ...

Brien

Darrell Andersen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"have to give you a chance to win me back from Darrell."

I sure didn't keep you around for your memory. Remember a couple weeks ago when I traded you to Hildebran?? They needed a new do-rag manager for the Grofaz slayer Shelling.