What boardgames have you played recently?

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Lego Star Wars on the Wii with the kids
can you turn the "friendly fire" off in that game?

MY wife cannot get it through her head that its bad to kill teammates

Peace

Roger

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
can you turn the "friendly fire" off in that game?

MY wife cannot get it through her head that its bad to kill teammates

Peace

Roger
You can get the minikit and buy Invulnerability. I'm not sure which level it's on but I'm pretty sure it costs 1000000. My son likes to also turn on Character Studs which when you blast anyone money explodes out of them. :devil:

JCOLEMAN

Reaction score
played Paths of Glory with oldest son.I won as the Central Powers on turn 10.We started Barbarossa to Berlin on Tuesday,currently on turn 6.

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playing the Patton Counterattack scenario from new edition of GMT's Ardennes 44.
Playing the Extended Game option which goes from De. 12 thru the 30th so can use more units in this scenario.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Couple of games of Eclipse which is a nice space game. Boils down Twilight Imperium to what a good space exploration/research/conquer game should do.

Been playing a reasonable amount of Le Harve on the iPad too - nice implementation of that, if anyone's interested.

Dave

Delirium

ASL Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Four player game of Settlers of Catan last night with my wife and her parents. Still a fun game, although I much prefer the Cities and Knights expansion.

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Once we finish our Verdict at Neuremberg CG, Dan Lepore and I are going to dive into the 1980 Avalon Hill game "The Longest Day."
Found the VAASL version of this "monster CG" and looking forward to playing this one.

Cheers!

Pierce:nuts:

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Playing a lot of drums lately as the band I'm in have our first gig this coming Thursday.
Now if you don't think this qualifies as a 'game' you really need to hear me on drums
:)

JMcL63

Reservist, Class of '85
Reaction score
Country
ll
My monthly Saturday group were here the other day. We were 4 (of as many as 7), so my pal Gav and I decided that it was time to bring out Eclipse- one of the hottest of the recent crop of hot new 4X games. Eclipse was a runaway success, which is all the more gratifying because it was a significant step up in complexity level for the other 2 gamers at the table that day (enough to leave them worried at what they were getting into, although Gav and I trusted in Eclipse's great qualities). Oh, and I played a blinder, ending up tied at 32-all with the damn Gav, who's particularly good at games built around resource management.

After that, we had a quiet game of Alhambra, in which I won a unique runaway victory (unique for me that is, not at my table- remember that man Gav?). Mwah hah, etc! ;)

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Labyrinth (GMT)
Liberté (2 games) (Warfrog edition)
Puerto Rico (2 games) (Alea)

I'm waiting on my Valley Games blow-out edition of Liberté ($15.00)

BTW...Valley Games still has copies of Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage at half price

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Here in Asheville starting this last Thursday evening was "Weaselcon" which saw eight of us playing a giant scenario of the LNL series World at War. I was assigned some West German home guard unit but did manage to take at a Hind unit to start things off.

Weaselcon is simply eight gamers taking over a local teacher's house for a full weekend of gaming that goes on and on. I would have participated more fully but am in the middle of an inventory take this weekend at work. It was fun with eight people participating and I expect that twelve or so gamers will have been involved by the end of the day today.

No ASL, btw.

Corwin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played C&C: Napoleonics with my son while camping last week. He punished my Brits. I enjoyed it. Gave up the tents last year after a 6" rain flooded us out, yet again. My wife served the ultimatum and we looked at campers the next day. We had been tent camping for 18 years. Kinda miss it but it was nice playing in the campers AC. Temp was 95+ with high humidity. (ahh, camping with the AC - never thought i would say that)

Also played monopoly deal as that is Grandpas favorite game. I could do without this one

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I didn't play it but I did buy an old Judges Guild AD&D module from Noble Knight Games. Its one of the classics. Called Dark Tower. It can still be bought second hand on eBay, Amazon or places like Noble Knight. Had much fun adventuring in this dungeon eons ago.....

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I have been playing Descent Second edition, and I am having a blast!
I plays quickly, is tacticaly challenging, with a good immersion factor.
It is less a dungeon exploring game (you see all the map from the beginning) than a tactical skirmish game - but quest goals are not just "kill'em all" - heroes and the Overlord have different objectives.
The Overload is NOT a GM: he plays against the heroes and really is an archfiend (Muahahaaaa).

Whizbang1963

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not a g*d d*mn thing since I finished COD:MW3
working too many hours
eventually I will get to push cardboard again