What boardgames have you played recently?

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
spent a large part of my years long hiatus from ASL immersed in the GMT EF series and working on scratching the design itch doing a variant Airpower addition to the game system (what it is with everyone neglecting the importance of airpower and generalizing it to the power of generic silliness) to the game as well as itching the research scratch and using all the new sources and information out there to do a historically correct OOB for the AGS/KtR/Crimea CG. Lot of fun, and learned quite a lot. There is so much information out there, it took years to sift through it all.

mryder

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will any of your work be included in the Eastern Front reprints? Or was this something you did on your own?

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will any of your work be included in the Eastern Front reprints? Or was this something you did on your own?

sadly I doubt it. Playtests of it were well received. It was a frickin hoot to play and if nothing meticulously researched with actual aerial units (Soviet, German, Hungarian, as well asSlovakian, Italian, and Rumanian fighter and bomber units being unitized in counter form) along with historical arrival times into Barbarossa as well as departure times, and you saw the gradual upgrade of Soviet aircraft as units converted to more modern fighters through the fall of '41. I especially liked the take on airfields. Now THAT took a great deal of time to research to get hisorically accurate. Espeically on the Soviet side. However while Vance didn't say much, his voices seemed to express the thought is was too much. Much as you hear with ASL. It is a ground based game. I can understand that, even if I don't agree, but with that game. It is an operational game. They went deep into naval operations but still didn't seem interested in doing the same with the aerial side. Oh well. Thankfully I do design for the fun of it and for my knowledge and enjoyment, not to become a 'name' so it will remain my own haha.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Legion's B-29 Superfortress.
Going to catch one of these at an up-coming air show here in mid June. I think it may be the last flying model left. Been on a B17, B24 & B25 (didn't get a flight in all though, just the B17) so I'm really looking forward to it. The only other actual B29ish model I'd ever been up close too was the Guppy (Guppie?), a modified version for in-air refueling; it was a mounted display at an air base.:cool:

Uncle_Duke

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Going to catch one of these at an up-coming air show here in mid June. I think it may be the last flying model left. Been on a B17, B24 & B25 (didn't get a flight in all though, just the B17) so I'm really looking forward to it. The only other actual B29ish model I'd ever been up close too was the Guppy (Guppie?), a modified version for in-air refueling; it was a mounted display at an air base.:cool:
There are actually two flying B-29s nowadays. "FIFI" has been flying since the '70s, with "Doc" joining her airworthy status in 2016.

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played some World of Tanks after a long layoff. The new 3D vistas give all the maps a whole new feel.

hoxson1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heck yes. The new graphics are a lot less taxing too. Not to happy about the changes in some of the maps.
Put a whole new learning curve in front of me. "Where'd this castle come from?" At least there are some more corners to hide the left side of my M3 Lee now

seblick

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dien Bien Phu (Legion) and Nemesis. Kim Kanger is simply a great designer

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dien Bien Phu (Legion) and Nemesis. Kim Kanger is simply a great designer
Yes, we LOVED DBP, played it 3 times. Those AAR's are also on my blog. Received Nemesis a few weeks back. Looking forward to playing it eventually.

Roy