What Boardgame Have You Played Recently?

Paul_RS

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I knoe
That is why I sold all mine off last year Paul, I am for some reason regretting it now, so am on a quest to get hold of the whole lot again (this time with Med Commander and Pacific Commander), I have found of late I am slowly slipping away from ASL, still love it, but it is not drawing me as much as it used to (ever since Jeff disappeared mysteriously during our VASL Singling CG to be honest), I think it will be a game I can just dip in and out of as it were as I am liking all the other WW2 board/map games out there to much.

It never snows in September appeals to me I have to admit, I managed to grab a VG copy of VG games Hell's Highway (another of my past buys and chucks) the other day, and it has reignited my Market Garden interest, And the book of the same name is a very goo read, nice to see MG from Fritz's PoV for a change.

Many thanks Paul.

Perry
I know what you mean. I haven't played any ASL since Sept/Oct last year (VASL) and I haven't played any FtF ASL since Heroes 2015. At the moment the game I keep returning to is 'The Devil's Cauldron' and GTS in general. I've also picked up all the games in the Grand Operational series from Decision games over the last few years, most recently 'Atlantic Wall' ( A 60th Birthday treat). Probably playing more FtF gaming than I have for many years, but no ASL.

Cheers

Paul

ozradio

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finished my first complete game of Mage Knight: The Board Game. Picked it up about a week ago after eyeing it for the past year. A highly rated solo game, I can't disagree yet with just the one game so far.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That is why I sold all mine off last year Paul, I am for some reason regretting it now, so am on a quest to get hold of the whole lot again (this time with Med Commander and Pacific Commander), I have found of late I am slowly slipping away from ASL, still love it, but it is not drawing me as much as it used to (ever since Jeff disappeared mysteriously during our VASL Singling CG to be honest), I think it will be a game I can just dip in and out of as it were as I am liking all the other WW2 board/map games out there to much.

It never snows in September appeals to me I have to admit, I managed to grab a VG copy of VG games Hell's Highway (another of my past buys and chucks) the other day, and it has reignited my Market Garden interest, And the book of the same name is a very goo read, nice to see MG from Fritz's PoV for a change.

Many thanks Paul.

Perry
Perry

'It Never Snows' has the most insepid map i've ever laid eyes on!. I go away with a few friends every November to play games which includes Andy Ashton of Second Chance Games. He has played this game twice and he rates it as poor and wont play it again. Daft rules like Tiger 2's crossing rivers on pontoons/ferry's. Its market garden lite. I have Highway to the Reich 2 which ive never played as i'm not sure whether there is a final set of playable rules published.

Have you finished your DTW map for ASL? I ask as i've put together a CG game for it now called 'Death of the 37th Guards!'

Ian

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Perry

'It Never Snows' has the most insepid map i've ever laid eyes on!. I go away with a few friends every November to play games which includes Andy Ashton of Second Chance Games. He has played this game twice and he rates it as poor and wont play it again. Daft rules like Tiger 2's crossing rivers on pontoons/ferry's. Its market garden lite. I have Highway to the Reich 2 which ive never played as i'm not sure whether there is a final set of playable rules published.

Have you finished your DTW map for ASL? I ask as i've put together a CG game for it now called 'Death of the 37th Guards!'

Ian
Hi Ian,

Long time no chat mate, ah I see, shame that, I have Hells Highway which I quite like, and have looked at getting the MMP MG games along the same lines as 'The Greatest Day' but again cost is stopping me.

Not yet, since Jeff went AWOL during our Singling CG last October I have not touched anything to do with ASL, I am hoping to get my ASL MoJo back soon, as the map is almost done (I would say in all reality 75/80%) I am going to have to address this problem and deal with it I think.

Andy seems a good bloke, have chatted a few times with him over the phone when doing deals with SCG.

would be interested to see the CG, but only once I get a copy of the map to you so you can have at it on the battlefield.

all the best

Perry

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Playing D4 'Wheel of hurt' from GMT Games Downtown, the real thing landed on my doorstep a week ago and I am loving it. Have just ordered from Second chance games Elusive victory, so loads of GMT games air war fun, I have also got some one (hi Les) holding a copy of 'The Burning Blue' for me, which I will pick up end of the month and then go from there.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just got GMT games Elusive Victory through the door this morning, already punched and counters placed in their storage trays, maps laid out and scenario#s looked over. If this is anything like 'Downtown' this is going to be fun.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Learning OCS at the moment, I am using Tunisia II on VASSAL to teach myself the system, first impressions is I like it alot, am selling off a load of old books and games so I can buy the real Tunisia II, Sicily II and Guderians Blitzkrieg 1st Edition, next will be Baltic gap then time to save for a copy of Hube's Pocket.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Correction, I now own a copy of Hube's Pocket, (cost me £28 all in and it is in mint condition!!!) Tunisia II, Sciliy II, and I am now looking at Guderians Blitzkrieg, and Baltic Gap. love this system.