What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just received Race to the Meuse (LCP) from Ritterkrieg. Thanks Derek! I really like the 1940 battles in France and the Low Countries.
Just want to thank you for the heads up , I love this period too so will be ordering it from the excellent Second Chance Games tomorrow!
Bonus is there's a universal map so I can play all the scenarios separately if I want to and not worry that I don't have all the maps needed...

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Received my LCP stuff yesterday, looking forward to getting these on the table. There are a couple of questions on the scenarios but nothing super game breaking though with my scanner out of service, I can not scan these scenarios in and you need to scan them in since the scenarios are two parters but the ob's are on the same card IE one part on one side with the other part on the other side. If someone has scans and can send them for me to print (stalingrad838 at yahoo.com) I would be very appreciative.
No one has scans of operation martlet? I tried using a camera but that did not work due to glare. I mean for the luv of gawd, who puts the scenario OB on the same card? I want to set up Poler Bears First dance but the OB's are on the same card IE FLP 3 Scots Fusiliers Assault has the brit OB on one side and the German OB on the other side. What the fuck? So, if someone can send a pdf of just FLP 3 Scots Fusiliers Assault, FLP 2 Unorthodox Situation, FLP 8 Polar Bears and FLP 1 A Bright Red Scarf, then I will be able to set up the OB's accordingly with out having to flip back and forth.

I am not trying to steal here, just want to play the gawd damn module with some convenience.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No one has scans of operation martlet? I tried using a camera but that did not work due to glare. I mean for the luv of gawd, who puts the scenario OB on the same card? I want to set up Poler Bears First dance but the OB's are on the same card IE FLP 3 Scots Fusiliers Assault has the brit OB on one side and the German OB on the other side. What the fuck? So, if someone can send a pdf of just FLP 3 Scots Fusiliers Assault, FLP 2 Unorthodox Situation, FLP 8 Polar Bears and FLP 1 A Bright Red Scarf, then I will be able to set up the OB's accordingly with out having to flip back and forth.

I am not trying to steal here, just want to play the gawd damn module with some convenience.
That's irritating, Scott. Most producer know to put the second page of a scenario on a different card. Do you have a library, UPS store, print shop nearby to make a copy of the back side? That could be a quick fix to get you set up.

Last edited:

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
I stopped by MMP's beautiful World Headquarters in exotic Millersville, MD this morning to finally pick up the much awaited (by me) map 52 that was recently reprinted (as part of the HP reprint). Shipping was going to be more than the map itself, so I waited to drop by when I was already in the area.

So much woodsy goodness!

Now I just need to patiently await the DB reprint to get my last missing maps (9,11,33).

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I stopped by MMP's beautiful World Headquarters in exotic Millersville, MD this morning to finally pick up the much awaited (by me) map 52 that was recently reprinted (as part of the HP reprint). Shipping was going to be more than the map itself, so I waited to drop by when I was already in the area.

So much woodsy goodness!

Now I just need to patiently await the DB reprint to get my last missing maps (9,11,33).
Did you get the wonderful Map 77 yet?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Winter Offensive Bonus Pack #14 arrived with the mail today.

Outside is a fine spring day, so the delivery it not exactly timely. However, since direct shipment from the US incurs absurd shipping costs (not MMP' fault) plus possibly extra customs duties (on product AND shipping costs...), I rather resort to a retailer. Who in turn resorts to bulk shipments for games from the US per ship (sic!)

The only cheap way for "direct" shipments I know of would be if you know someone in the US services on station in Germany forwarding product shipped to him.

Fun story I heard recently:

A relative of a friend of mine works for the US forces in Germany. The story goes, that if US personnel based in Germany get German beer cheaper then the Germans because they don't have to pay German Sales Tax (19%) in the PX.

However, that beer is not cheap for the US taxpayer: For "adminstrative and logistical reasons" that beer crate will be procured in Germany, shipped to an US base in Germany, flown to some logistic center in the US to be properly registered etc. Then it is flown back to Germany, delivered to the PX, where it is sold at a cheaper price than in a German supermarket outside the base.

I have to admit, that I was conviced only Germans could conceivably contrieve such an enormously efficient process. Well, live and learn...

Now, if I consider the shipment cost that I would pay for a one-way direct delivery of a "Beyond Valor" from MMP to my place with everything included, it defies imagination, what the overall cost of that 17 to 18 kilogram beer crate might be after having been flown half around the world - twice...

von Marwitz