What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Got my copy of St Mere Eglise the other day from Second Chance Games here in the UK
just waiting on them now to get the next Journal up on pre-order

L'Emperor

WorldConquest, In40mChunks
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
What ASL products haven't I brought recently! Let's see... MMP plus LFT... eRB... add some accessories from Rittenkrieg... New stuff for travel kit... carry the 4... Well, looks like my son can't go to college now! I'm going to wind up on a corner with a cardboard sign "Will ASL for food".

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
What ASL products haven't I brought recently! Let's see... MMP plus LFT... eRB... add some accessories from Rittenkrieg... New stuff for travel kit... carry the 4... Well, looks like my son can't go to college now! I'm going to wind up on a corner with a cardboard sign "Will ASL for food".
Alternatively, "WIll give up food for ASL."

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just received LFT 15 and WO23 from Gamer's Armory. LFT being the larger of the two had an impacted corner. That the magazine and scenario cards had a mangled corner I could live with, but when I saw that all eight maps also had a damaged corner, I was sick to my stomach. 😢

Maybe this is a sign that I should rethink my spending on this hobby.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi ;

That the magazine and scenario cards had a mangled corner I could live with, but when I saw that all eight maps also had a damaged corner, I was sick to my stomach. 😢
I definitely understand you but I am pretty sure Scott will do something about it. Also, I am flying to the USA by the end of the month and if you can wait until then, I will bring along a replacement copy and will send it to you (or Scott), if you send me your snail mail address. Prices for shipping from Europe to the USA have become absolutely insane....

Best,

X

Jeff Waldon

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States
Just received LFT 15 and WO23 from Gamer's Armory. LFT being the larger of the two had an impacted corner. That the magazine and scenario cards had a mangled corner I could live with, but when I saw that all eight maps also had a damaged corner, I was sick to my stomach. 😢

Maybe this is a sign that I should rethink my spending on this hobby.
Agreed. If it caused you that much angst it might be time for a break.

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi ;

I definitely understand you but I am pretty sure Scott will do something about it. Also, I am flying to the USA by the end of the month and if you can wait until then, I will bring along a replacement copy and will send it to you (or Scott), if you send me your snail mail address. Prices for shipping from Europe to the USA have become absolutely insane....

Best,

X
X that is an extraordinarily generous offer, but I'll tough it out. While I'd like my game parts to be pristine (as I'd identify myself as a "Player-Collector"), I know that when you order things through the mail some of them (books seem to be consistent culprit) are going to arrive somewhat worse for wear.

The angst was somewhat multiplied by the fact that the boards are magnificent to behold. But I'll just make due with what I received.

Nineteen Kilo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed. If it caused you that much angst it might be time for a break.
Truth is this has been a nagging thought in the back of my mind for a couple of years now.

I first purchased the rulebook and Beyond Valor in 1988, and have pretty much everything official released since. Then in the late 90's I started up with the 3rd Party stuff as well. Slowly I have learned that certain things never hit the table (HASL & DASL) and I dropped them. I then very slowly weaned myself off 3rd Party Product; LFT and BF are the last two holdouts because their production quality in my mind is on par with anything official. I have no idea what I've spent on the system over the decades but if I was told it was over $4,000.00 I'd believe it - I'm absolutely certain it is more than $3,000.00.

I'm going to retire in a matter of months and my income will be roughly a third of what it is right now. Hence the rethink on not just ASL but pretty much everything that isn't essential (all the "wants" as opposed to the "needs"). Everything is up for questioning - channels streamed, dish network, even whether I'm going to relocate (due to exorbitant HOA fees).

So, as I made this order (BTW if you haven't, just do it, the boards will knock your socks off) I was thinking, "Do I really need this? Even If ASL were to come back into vogue in my gaming circle like it was in the 90's (which it won't) I have more scenarios than I will play in my remaining lifetime."

Then the order arrived with the blunted corner and it hit me, "Yes, I should at least rein it in to just the official stuff." Which is exactly what I intend to do. Of course BF's Finn project will be the exception to that new rule. ;)

Last edited:

jholen

Reaction score
First name
Jon
Country
llUnited States
Slowly filling in my gaps in my map collection. Received the supplemental map bundle and action pack #17 today. One more order from Ritterkrieg and my map collection should be complete minus a few SK boards and deluxe, though not sure I'll get the deluxe boards.

Attachments

Horrido

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So wait. You spent over $4k on ASL in what, 40 years? What's that? $100 per year? Now that you are retiring you think entertainment will be cheaper elsewhere? hehehehheheh That's a good one, friend. Just shut up and roll the dice. And you should NOT be skipping the HASLs.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Slowly filling in my gaps in my map collection. Received the supplemental map bundle and action pack #17 today. One more order from Ritterkrieg and my map collection should be complete minus a few SK boards and deluxe, though not sure I'll get the deluxe boards.
If it is only a few SK boards you are still missing:
You can order individual SK boards from MMP as parts. This might be the easiest and cheapest way for you to close the gaps with regard to the geo-boards. I believe by this way you might also be able to get hold of maps that were part in some Action Packs (i.e. the "Fort-Boards" that have other dimensions than the standard geo-boards), but I have not checked this.

von Marwitz

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not ASL but did pick up this book today about Berlin in the 1920's:

Was going to buy some more D&D books but decided against that since there are some issues going on with WoTC. But boy, is this a fantastic book. Cant wait to unleash it upon my players lol.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Not ASL but did pick up this book today about Berlin in the 1920's:
View attachment 24894

Was going to buy some more D&D books but decided against that since there are some issues going on with WoTC. But boy, is this a fantastic book. Cant wait to unleash it upon my players lol.
Beware of the Sewer Emergence rolls with this one...

von Marwitz