What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You could try the Darice 32-compartment bead containers.

This price is a bit higher than what I have been paying at either my local WalMart or JoAnn Fabric stores.
Thanks, that would work very well I think, didn't want them for ASL but for Lock N'Loads World at War 85
(got it on order at Black Lion Games my FLGS)

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, that would work very well I think, didn't want them for ASL but for Lock N'Loads World at War 85
(got it on order at Black Lion Games my FLGS)

Alan, how is that system? I am thinking of getting it.

Mark

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Alan, how is that system? I am thinking of getting it.

Mark
Hey Mark,
It looks good but, being honest, I only have a copy of the rulebook so far (Black Lion Games have closed for the lockdown) and haven't really read much of it so perhaps too early to tell. I am, however, totally enthused about this game it just looks so cool?

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Steam has a new CPU version of it now (April 2) with a few DLCs already as well. Was considering this too, because the AI is said to be above average...

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Made the 175km drive south from the decidedly small agricultural prairie town of Trochu, Alberta (pop. 8-900 or so) to the Sentry Box in the bustling metropolis of Calgary to pick up WO Bonus Pack 11.

WO33 and 34 are definitely on the bucket list to play.

When I re-entered the game last year one of the first things that caught my eyes were the 11 x 16 maps. A touch of genius that really opens up potential map design and 13a/b will definitely appeal to the urban combat fans (and designers).

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Made the 175km drive south from the decidedly small agricultural prairie town of Trochu, Alberta (pop. 8-900 or so) to the Sentry Box in the bustling metropolis of Calgary to pick up WO Bonus Pack 11.

WO33 and 34 are definitely on the bucket list to play.

When I re-entered the game last year one of the first things that caught my eyes were the 11 x 16 maps. A touch of genius that really opens up potential map design and 13a/b will definitely appeal to the urban combat fans (and designers).
Gary Fortenberry is responsible for those. And, I agree. They're genius. Between them and double wides a lot has happened to break up "compartment syndrome" on geos in recent years.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
From what I have learnt in the Panzers book is that there were about 50 Panthers, 13 Tiger I and 12 Tiger II in Berlin for the last battle. There were also just over 40 PzIV, 70 StuG III, 30 Hetzers, 35 JagdPz IV, 10 FlakPz, 15 StuH42, and 4 Elephant!

Which adds up to 280 AFV. Not including halftracks and AC. These AFV are all accounted for, but there are some fighting units in which the AFV are not accounted for. So there could have been more.