What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
My neighbor came home the other day with an LED-backlit magnifying glass which puts my current glass to shame. Sadly, I think that will be my next ASL purchase.
Just wait another six months because then they'll have a new variant available with an inbuilt laser that can instantly vaporize that pesky King Tiger of your opponent giving you the opportunity to after zapping it to remark: "Well, buddy, I can't see it ..."

von Marwitz

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My neighbor came home the other day with an LED-backlit magnifying glass which puts my current glass to shame. Sadly, I think that will be my next ASL purchase.
No need to be sad, I gonna have my sister get me that for my birthday [gonna get that hand held rectangular like one on Amazon]. So I can I join your club?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, I think my eye condition does not out rank your prescription level [guessing]...tag you are it... :)

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any idea as to where one can find one? I don't play much, but anything to help read those 1/2" or 5/8" counters when it's been a long tourney day
would be helpful.

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Any idea as to where one can find one? I don't play much, but anything to help read those 1/2" or 5/8" counters when it's been a long tourney day
would be helpful.
Numismatic shops usually have a variety of those magnifying pocket lenses. In fact I have two: one retractile and portable for gaming and a mesh counter with LED lighting for classify counters

Neal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I broke down and pre-ordered FKAC. I have the original WoA, but I was recently looking at the British AFV counters from one of the ASLSKs, and the quality of printing and die cutting is worlds better than the 30+ year old version I have. I told myself I wasn't going to buy any of the reprints...yet here we are waiting for CdG2 and now FKAC. ?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I picked up the latest WO Pack, the North Texas Fistful of Scenarios, Koinegsberg, Fight For Seoul, Gratis of CDG2 ;-p. Eyeballing OTO2, but I am debating pulling the trigger there as I have the original.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I broke down and pre-ordered FKAC. I have the original WoA, but I was recently looking at the British AFV counters from one of the ASLSKs, and the quality of printing and die cutting is worlds better than the 30+ year old version I have. I told myself I wasn't going to buy any of the reprints...yet here we are waiting for CdG2 and now FKAC. ?
Right on!

When I reorganized my storage some time ago, I took the opportunity to retire the version 1 core module counters in favor of the version 2 counters of FKAC, Yanks, Rising Sun, etc.

It was worth it for the reasons you point out. Especially if you operate with tweezers, then it does make a lot of difference if the couters stack better due to superior die cutting.

For the same reason, I am looking forward to the new version of Croix de Guerre now and Hollow Legions in the not too distant future.

von Marwitz

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right on!

When I reorganized my storage some time ago, I took the opportunity to retire the version 1 core module counters in favor of the version 2 counters of FKAC, Yanks, Rising Sun, etc.

It was worth it for the reasons you point out. Especially if you operate with tweezers, then it does make a lot of difference if the couters stack better due to superior die cutting.

For the same reason, I am looking forward to the new version of Croix de Guerre now and Hollow Legions in the not too distant future.

von Marwitz
I am doing the exact same thing, for the same reasons.

Did the Last Hurrah get folded into another module?
Disregard, I looked and found that it is in DB3.

Last edited:

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I picked up Fight for Seoul from a clubmate who had a spare copy. Glad to finally get this fine product in my hands!

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Right on!

von Marwitz
However I have found that some of the newer counters are just a bit thicker, thus VBM is becoming more difficult to accomplish.;)

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
would be helpful.
Amazon. Where else?