What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After Hell's Highway, I shied away....... I love the smaller CG thing, but there are almost no choices and HH does not seem winnable.

Peace

roger
Try something like this to more accurately reflect the usage and critical nature of mechanized transport and ostensibly preclude unusual over-usage of trucks and ht's in combat rolls: In addition to normal CVP garnered for vehicle transport eliminated, grant an additional CVP for each 10PP (FRU?) allocated to a transport vehicle and an additional CVP if it has a T# capability (could even be expanded here as well). Allow the owning player to RECALL any transport at no CVP penalty unless its MA/SA is removed (if so, grant the other side a CVP per each such circumstance of a RECALLED transport vehicle). This allows the owing side to make some tough choices between keeping such transport (and any associated weaponry) actively on-board but at a greater CVP loss should they be destroyed, or RECALL such assets but with little or no penalty but forego their usage for the duration of the scenario.
EX: A German ht now has a CVP value of 7 (or 8 if PP capacity is FRU); an Opel Blitz would be worth 4 or 5 CVP respectively. Perhaps the CVP value could even be more if you work in a T# computation.

I believe this would go a fur piece to redress the ability of the Germans to control the battlefield in HH as well as several other offerings yet give the owing player some options of retaining those assets on-board should they desire.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Interesting....

The problem is the amount of ground the allies have to control.

We may have missed it, but the Germans may even be able to abandon all those 251/1's for even more MMC that have to be dug out.

The shear number of hexes which need controlled is the problem.

Peace

Roger

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just got Race to the Meuse from LCP. Nice map; I'm just having a look at the CG -- the Belgians seem to have very few possible Infantry RGs, and so will suffer from a severe lack of leaders.
See D5.231 Promotion out of the Ranks, which provides a side with < one leader per four squad-equivalents an automatic 7-0 leader. Conditions apply. :)

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
See D5.231 Promotion out of the Ranks, which provides a side with < one leader per four squad-equivalents an automatic 7-0 leader. Conditions apply. :)
The only source of leaders in the Belgian OOB is the one Company HQ, and one Rifle Platoon per CD date. That makes for an awfully brittle force when you have to defend such a large area.

I understand it's one of the challenges of the CG, but it does look like(*) it will make the whole CG pretty dicey.

(*) I have not played it; will try to.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The only source of leaders in the Belgian OOB is the one Company HQ, and one Rifle Platoon per CD date. That makes for an awfully brittle force when you have to defend such a large area.

I understand it's one of the challenges of the CG, but it does look like(*) it will make the whole CG pretty dicey.

(*) I have not played it; will try to.
Admittedly, I've only played it once as the Belgians, but I didn't experience a dearth of leaders. Maybe I was lucky.

I think that the effective use of fortifications is more important, at least for the first couple of CG dates. Channelling the German force(s) is key, IMO. Keeping Belgian leaders in good TEM/out of LOS, and not giving the Germans FTR/POW opportunities should go a long way to lowering the risk of becoming leaderless. If the German breakthrough comes too early, no amount of leaders will save the Belgians.

Glen

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Been a bit busy in the last few weeks: Objective: Schmidt, Kampfgruppe Scherer: The Shield of Cholm, The Race to the Meuse, Ozerekya Breakout, Crucible of Steel and Rally Point #12.

But in truth, the high point was the acquisition of AP5 and AP7 (more specifically, the maps that came with them.)

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
$98.00 incld shipping. I've been waiting and looking for several years and when I saw it I just bought it. Everything seems to be there and the only "damage" is a bent corner.
Good deal.