What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Visited Le Valet in downtown Montreal to pick up my pre-ordered Red Factories, along with LFT#14 and the WO 2019 pack. On the train home, I started reading the scenarios in LFT#14. That is an eclectic selection of scenarios.

Jeffrey D Myers

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm digging LFT 14 so far -- lots of good and fairly balanced scenarios with the Italians, including Folgore.

(Edit: I'm up to FT240 so far, playing solo, skipping just a couple.)

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Ordered MM19 just over a week ago , I’ll get it and the T-shirt in around 7 weeks minimum, will be ordering a few other things shortly .

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
March Madness 2019 Close Combat pack arrived today along with book "No Triumphant Procession."

Last week was CH Zerf Stranglehold and LCP LSSAH Normandie pack.

David Murray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am getting back into ASL after a quite a break - the problem is now I am a reduced income so need to be a little more careful with my purchases. However, over the last month I have bought AoO, preordered For King & Country (even though I have a copy of WoA), the Rat Charts and have just ordered Red Factories (I already owned Red Barricades). All in all this month, I have spent half my months salary on ASL! Absolutely crazy!

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just ordered two of the old Critical Hit Paddington Bears packs (Nintey-six pack and Aussie '97 pack) from Noble Knight. I'm looking forward to taking a gander at these scenarios and getting a few of them played - Mr. Pitcavage certainly sings their praises!

(Edited to correct spelling - I did not mean to imply that Mr. Pitcavage knows the "other" ASL.)

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I am getting back into ASL after a quite a break - the problem is now I am a reduced income so need to be a little more careful with my purchases. However, over the last month I have bought AoO, preordered For King & Country (even though I have a copy of WoA), the Rat Charts and have just ordered Red Factories (I already owned Red Barricades). All in all this month, I have spent half my months salary on ASL! Absolutely crazy!
Well, you can always use VASL. You will have "unlimited" counters, most maps at no cost. Used in combination with Skype, it is almost as good as face to face play. And it allows you to spread out your cardboard purchases somewhat.

In any case, welcome back to the hobby.

von Marwitz

David Murray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I am looking back into Vassal, used it last a decade ago. Like many I spend too long in front of a computer screen for work so any use of Vassal will be limited. Thanks for your encouragement.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I had a chance to buy an incomplete copy of Code of Bushido (no Chapter H pages and no boards). As the little yellow guys are my favorite nationality, hands-down, in ASL, I couldn't resist the chance to add a second set of counters. Who knows if I'll ever have a chance to play something so big that I would need them, but hope springs eternal! ?

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Just arrived: HoB's The Long March, Hero Pax 4 and CH Magazine Iss. 3

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Am slowly building up to buying a second RF.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
We tried hard to get RF to SCG in time for HEROES. Did it make it?
Yes it did and thank you for my copy. Andy took some pictures for you just to prove that he delivered them to us all there :) They should / might be on his facebook page (Second Chance Games)

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
What if they send you one with an error? How else would you know? The problem then is if the two don't match, you have to buy a third to figure out which one is right.

JR
You have to be kidding, please say that you are kidding :)

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
What if they send you one with an error? How else would you know? The problem then is if the two don't match, you have to buy a third to figure out which one is right.

JR
They are identical so I can pass on the third copy.