What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
^ hah. The day they come out with Super Deluxe Omaha with 2.2 inch hexes is the day I drink one too many bottles of Jack and never wake up. I'd need a new game table setup, a new game room, a new house, and likely a new wife

View attachment 4663
I see the big picture strategy "back's against the wall," ...great way (eeer wall) to intimidate your OPFOR. (and he does not get a beer +1...evil).
As to the table props...now that is called playing with slopes...and the rules for it are so intuitive!
I like the dice tower way at the end...so there is an element of basketball and ASL...oooohhh bounced off the rim on the snakes! No shot!!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Would love to get my hands on a 2nd copy of Forgotten War and Objective Schmidt. But will have to wait till I have the funds.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Keep the wife.
hehe. No worries there. I see it this way Larry. I am the career single A player than never learned to hit the curve ball, but feasts on the occasional fool that thinks they can throw a fastball by me. She by comparison is a member of the 3000 hit 500 homer club with no hint of scandal upon her. Dude, I married way over my head no chance I throw that away.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I see the big picture strategy "back's against the wall," ...great way (eeer wall) to intimidate your OPFOR. (and he does not get a beer +1...evil).
As to the table props...now that is called playing with slopes...and the rules for it are so intuitive!
I like the dice tower way at the end...so there is an element of basketball and ASL...oooohhh bounced off the rim on the snakes! No shot!!
funny how perception varies.. I looked at that picture after I posted it and thought... godDAMN that is one ghetto looking setup.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hehe. No worries there. I see it this way Larry. I am the career single A player than never learned to hit the curve ball, but feasts on the occasional fool that thinks they can throw a fastball by me. She by comparison is a member of the 3000 hit 500 homer club with no hint of scandal upon her. Dude, I married way over my head no chance I throw that away.
Does she call you Meat? :eek:. Many ways it interpret that. :study:

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hahah... almost spit my beer up there Rick. Well, what I lack in .. many things starting with looks... I earned my current nickname after I trip to emergency room a year ago when somethings very similar to this happened to me.

A few more scars on top of those earned in a rough and tumble youth really didn't help put me on the cover of GQ.. but I do make up for those things in other ways I suppose. She loves me, but I'll never quite understand why though. After a horror story of a 1st marriage, I cherish her and one that actually is happy and loving. I've earned that I suppose.

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
hahah... almost spit my beer up there Rick. Well, what I lack in .. many things starting with looks... I earned my current nickname after I trip to emergency room a year ago when somethings very similar to this happened to me.

A few more scars on top of those earned in a rough and tumble youth really didn't help put me on the cover of GQ.. but I do make up for those things in other ways I suppose. She loves me, but I'll never quite understand why though. After a horror story of a 1st marriage, I cherish her and one that actually is happy and loving. I've earned that I suppose.
Ah, a fellow electrical worker :). 37 years to the day with Burbank Water and Power.

Lorenzoknight

Reaction score
First name
Lawrence
Country
llUnited States
Ah, a fellow electrical worker :). 37 years to the day with Burbank Water and Power.

I'm super lucky. My wife plays ASL with me. Over the years we have played will over 200 scenarios. I always give her balance because she hates to lose. Happy wife happy life. If you go to the Desperation Morale web site, she is The one who made the 3D Deluxe boards.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm super lucky. My wife plays ASL with me. Over the years we have played will over 200 scenarios. I always give her balance because she hates to lose. Happy wife happy life. If you go to the Desperation Morale web site, she is The one who made the 3D Deluxe boards.
Plays over 200 scenarios AND make the 3D Deluxe Boards too??? (fell off chair.. pigtails flying.. )

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I always give her balance because she hates to lose. Happy wife happy life. If you go to the Desperation Morale web site, she is The one who made the 3D Deluxe boards.
So she's the one who made those deluxe boards, eh?

It's said that through adversity comes greatness. In regards to those deluxe boards only though, my opinion is you should have used less balance and beat her more...

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
*Michael genuflects at your avatar*

Or perhaps I just should to her. My otherwise perfect wife humors me and generally lets me spend away on the game but has as much interest in wargaming or playing it as I have waxing my nether regions and donning heels and a tight black dress and cruising for some meat.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
*Michael genuflects at your avatar*

Or perhaps I just should to her. My otherwise perfect wife humors me and generally lets me spend away on the game but has as much interest in wargaming or playing it as I have waxing my nether regions and donning heels and a tight black dress and cruising for some meat.
Wait, does that mean she’s interested in wargaming or not?

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wait, does that mean she’s interested in wargaming or not?
nah man. She might have in her youth, just as I did before I lost the flower of youth and my ass started sagging and I couldn't carry off the tight black dress with style and authority anymore.

Baetis

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Given this conversation, this will seem boring but I picked up Pegasus Bridge. I’m planning on adapting it to the full compliment of SK products and what remains of my full ASL that never saw use. The rather dumb thing is that I owned it before along with BV, Yanks, and FKAC. But I just couldn’t make time for the full stuff. Kids, cycling, fly rods, and life. But at least the SKs are finding space. So it all went away. But I still loved the idea of Pegasus Bridge. So, with my Elst pieces and all the other SK and full ASL bits that remain, I’m hoping to make it work. It’ll be fun to try in any case.