What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Just received Schwerpunkt #4, Gembloux the Feint and Iwo Jima: Motoyama Airfield.

Servius

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just ordered Beyond Valor from a guy. Only thing is, it comes with the Rulebook which I already have so I will have a rulebook to sell.

But now I will have everything I need for full ASL. Until Red Factories comes out, that is.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ordered the Kansas City ASL “The Players Pack” via a transhipper that I have never used before. I hope it gets here!
UPDATE .. this arrived in HK!!!! The shipment is USD 4.08 instead of the usual $30-$36 (for something flat) .. if I get this intact (haven't collected) instead of in ripped bits of paper with hand drawn smiley faces ~~ ALL H3LL IS BREAKING LOSE!! I CAN BUY AGAIN!!!!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After some years away from the game. I am having to play some catchup. First order of business was getting up to date on the ASL journals. Really good reading btw. Great article. I saw Yanks2 and HP finally came out. Torn on H.P. as the Finns really aren't of interest, but anal about being up to date on rules. However at $140 it stretches my anal cavity to point of breaking just to get a few rules pages. I'll give in, I always have, but might wait a bit before getting that. Yanks2. The only thing needed out of that was the updated Chapter H pages and thankfully someone was selling parts from it separately and got that.

As far as what to sink my teeth to get back into the swing of playing again. I saw one new product that was a must buy so I ordered it. The Maxim Gorki HASL. Made more a must buy that even the DM review was grudgingly positive. That looks so good and IMO the best way to get back into ASL after a long break. With both feet into something challenging.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
^ too damned funny. Ain't that the truth brother.

My wife told me she was torn when she saw me un-mothball all the ASL gear. Happy for she knows I love the game and was ready to come back to it, but fearful at the same time. For her exact words this afternoon as I got the finger wag but before her words melted into something from Charlie Brown's classroom was 'as soon as I saw it come out I told myself oh shit here we go again'. As she noted the 500 plus dollars I spent in the last week. Needless to say it was the Omaha West/East purchase that got me in the doghouse and got myself put under purchase restrictions. (for the time being at least)Time to wine and dine her before ordering H.P. :)

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
After some years away from the game. I am having to play some catchup.
If you are filling out your collection there is something you may be interested in. Edo was very curious about my home made Iwo Jima map. Eventually I made an improved second edition. This can be found in a digital format in the Resources section of this forum. There are two different colour versions (one greyish and one brownish) and both are available. Download and print out at your leisure.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
After some years away from the game. I am having to play some catchup. First order of business was getting up to date on the ASL journals. Really good reading btw. Great article. I saw Yanks2 and HP finally came out. Torn on H.P. as the Finns really aren't of interest, but anal about being up to date on rules. However at $140 it stretches my anal cavity to point of breaking just to get a few rules pages. I'll give in, I always have, but might wait a bit before getting that. Yanks2. The only thing needed out of that was the updated Chapter H pages and thankfully someone was selling parts from it separately and got that.

As far as what to sink my teeth to get back into the swing of playing again. I saw one new product that was a must buy so I ordered it. The Maxim Gorki HASL. Made more a must buy that even the DM review was grudgingly positive. That looks so good and IMO the best way to get back into ASL after a long break. With both feet into something challenging.
Good luck on HP. Out of Print.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
no need for luck man. Some cat is selling off a bunch of copies for 140 a pop. Not far off the original price it seems. Perhaps I'll be back on my wife's good side in time to snag a copy before they are all sold, if not, oh well. I'm sure they'll reprint it and if not or I'm 6 feet under by the time they do, well, I really don't think the last thing going through my mind will be, damn I should have got those 3 or 4 rules pages haha