What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Purchased from a seller mint copies of HoB Waffen SS 2:Fuhrer's Firemen (unpunched) along with Backblast issues 1 + 2 and CH magazine issue #4 (need the Rangers article for research on SASL CG using Ranger company.)

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
My SCG order arrived about an hour ago. I estimate the big package should rate at least a 2 AF for protection. A box topped with a an extra top and sides within a box!

2 x AP 13
1 x Special Ops 7
1 x ASL WO 2017 (a left over from a previous order due to passing a weight breakpoint)
1 x LFT Rat Pocket Charts 2+
1 x each of LFT mouse mats

plus a few GMT (Arquebus, Simple GBOH 2nd Edition) and Avalanche (PG Korean War - Counter Attack, PG Spearhead Division) items.

I have been utterly immersed in transferring both data and programs from my old Sony Vaio laptop to my new HP Envy (what a name, Ugh, Ugh!) over roughly the past two weeks. The main problem is that I am also going from Vista to Windows 10 with the attended worry that some of my old programs (many 9+ years) might not work in W10. Fortunately 3 old suites have been replaced by up to date freeware. Then there is setting up all the old stuff's settings according to my taste. So I welcome a change from electronic to old fashioned paper/card to occupy myself, a change being as good as a rest.

Though getting boards 78 and 79 out of sequence is a bit unsettling! :wtf: The addition of the river 79 is most welcome, the few existing river boards have been necessarily been worked to death over the years. The scrubby 78 hill board is also a nice addition, with nary a building on it is a welcome addition to the "wilderness" collection.

EDIT: I removed a couple of pre-order items, obviously not delivered, just was not thinking properly when I cut and pasted.
One thing that did strike me is that MMP is so, so close to doubling the number of non-DASL geomorphic boards from AH's total of 52.

1-76, 78, 79 = 78
10z, 17z = 2
1a/b-9a/b = 9
p-z = 11
total = 100

Likely within a year or so
77 (Journal), 1 (number ?) with the Soviet divisional AP and m-o with the ASLSK PTO pack = 5 pending.

While some, including myself at times, may question whether 10z and 17z should be counted, but at least if you have them then you can use them alongside 10 and 17.

So we can expect 103 or 105 to be reached somewhat soon and that's not including 35 (32 BFP, 2 LFT, 1 FrF) respectable TPP boards. As an early ASL adopter that's far from what I expected some twenty years ago when AH went down the tubes (Wahhh, no more ASL!).

Last edited:

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
From Chris at BattleSchool -
14mm DYO Precision Dice 4Pk-two white, one black, one dark-red
16mm DYO Precision Dice 2Pk-white, dark-red
16mm Waffen-SS Series - 1st SS Panzer Division and white SS die-one white die with SS runes, and one black die with two-colour design on ace, and ROF symbols on deuce and trey
12.5mm Italian Co-belligerent Army die
12.5mm Baby ROF-black die with teal foil on ace, deuce, and trey
Suction Handling Tool - compact 95mm-includes two (2) suction cups - made in USA

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Picked up FrF 11 and have an eye on From The Cellar 8 from LFT. When that comes available, I am jumping on that puppy.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I think the scenarios in AP13 look pretty good! They are a decent size and look interesting. Particularly like the '45 Hungary one.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
- AP13 (MMP)
- Crossing the Moro (LCP)
- Bloody Buron (LCP)
- Tactical Playing Cards (George Tournemiere)
- FrF11 Pack (FrF)
- Ostfront 2 Pack (LCP)

von Marwitz

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just bought extra copies of Out of the Attic 2 and Rivers to the Reich ($5 each) at the MMP Veterans Day Sale to give to new local players.

Gives them something new and shiny to read thru after you’ve played a scenario with them.