What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

olli

Elder Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I’m still in the Middle East till end of this month and my two friends that have theirs have not had a game since getting them 🙁

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Just arrived: Küstenjäger - Special Forces II by HoB, Stalin's Fury, Stonne Heights, All American: Shanley's Hill and Roman Glory by CH

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just arrived: Küstenjäger - Special Forces II by HoB
I have sold almost 2/3 of my whole collection but I did hold on to this. I just thought the name was cool and maybe someday I might get around to playing a scenario or two :).

I still have a lot of ASL -all official stuff, most of BFP, most of LFT, & a few old time CH items. More than I will ever play.

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
I have sold almost 2/3 of my whole collection but I did hold on to this. I just thought the name was cool and maybe someday I might get around to playing a scenario or two :).

I still have a lot of ASL -all official stuff, most of BFP, most of LFT, & a few old time CH items. More than I will ever play.
I 've always been a buff for comando operations; I know that in ASL terms these Brandenburgers of Küstenjäger are supermen on the field, but I want to try (attacking with them or defending against them) and, for me, open a new window for ASL system...
Best regards,

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I 've always been a buff for comando operations; I know that in ASL terms these Brandenburgers of Küstenjäger are supermen on the field, but I want to try (attacking with them or defending against them) and, for me, open a new window for ASL system...
My objection to special forces operations is that the scale is often too small and/or the situation too one-sided to fit the game well. When the British raid Vågsøy, it's an operation that can possibly work well in ASL. When three trucks, a jeep and a camel drive across an airfield spaying machine guns at unmanned aircraft it's probably a bit too small for ASL. Not everything that's a great military feat of arms is suitable subject for an ASL scenario.

JR

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Just received: MMP's Action Pack #3, CH's Pointe du Hoc, and LCP's Canadians in Italy: D-Day Dodgers

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Country
llCzechia
I have still not ordered SK#4. Better get round to it soon before it goes OOP.

Binchois

Too many words...
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I've had several orders recently received:

First was the PTO Starter Kit. I've never seen one of these before and just got it for the boards and extra counters (at pre-order prices it seemed like a good-enough value). But I was really impressed with the package and quite interested to see what the ASLSK RB looks like. I know there's another thread to discuss whether the idea really makes for a good stepping stone (or whether the resultant, 2nd-tier system is really good for ASL), but I will give credit where credit's due. I likely won't ever play SK, but I am glad I went for this. There's more here than I expected!

I also just received the complete March Madness series from Alex Keys after reading one too many great AARs of these scenarios. These look excellent, indeed - so kudos to the folks in Kansas City! (I'll laugh my way through your Hollis scenario and try not to wreck what seems to be a lovely place)...

Finally, a few months back I received the St. Louis ASL Club's PTO pack: China-Burma-India: The Lost Theater. I haven't seen this one discussed too much, but really like this content. I bring it up now since I am just underway with the pack's centerpiece CG. The first scenario is tough on the Japanese, but we're doing all we can to hold off the Brits!

Cheers!

The Purist

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Popped into the local gaming mega store and picked up the Pocket Rule Book. I had hoped to also pick up for SK #1 for a buddy who has the Original SL but hasn't played in years. They had sold their last copy two weeks ago.

I do have a hefty order with MMP which the site states was 'dispatched' on 02 July,.... it hasn't arrived yet.

Any Canadians out there who can advise how long is "too long" before I get worried and need to ping MMP?

Last edited:

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Popped into the local gaming mega store and picked up the Pocket Rule Book. I had hoped to also pick up for SK #1 for a buddy who has the Original SL but hasn't played in years. They had sold their last copy two weeks ago.

I do have a hefty order with MMP which the site states was 'dispatched' on 02 July,.... it hasn't arrived yet.

Any Canadians out there who can advise how long is "too long" before I get worried and need to ping MMP?
Expect a customs bill if it takes a long time.....