What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
no need for luck man. Some cat is selling off a bunch of copies for 140 a pop. Not far off the original price it seems. Perhaps I'll be back on my wife's good side in time to snag a copy before they are all sold, if not, oh well. I'm sure they'll reprint it and if not or I'm 6 feet under by the time they do, well, I really don't think the last thing going through my mind will be, damn I should have got those 3 or 4 rules pages haha
Just start pricing golf stuff and compare to what you're eyeing in ASL gear.
Or a boat, motorcycle, sports car, cottage, etc.
Wargaming really is a relatively cheap hobby
Heck, I don't want to say how much I've got tied up in music gear, but let's say you could buy 100 Haakka Paale modules and have money left over....

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hah no kidding about the music gear. Musician. Now that is an expensive hobby, especially when figuring in bar tabs and payments to your dealers for your creative inspirations haha.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Just completed my chess set collection. Got about 12 sets of figures and 18 boards. Took me two and a half years to collect it all. That was pretty expensive too. Lovely sets though! ;)

Perry

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just completed my chess set collection. Got about 12 sets of figures and 18 boards. Took me two and a half years to collect it all. That was pretty expensive too. Lovely sets though! ;)
What makes it “complete”.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
What makes it “complete”.
That is a good question. For me it is a matter of having the right pieces to go with the right boards.....in an aesthetic sense. I love the wood, colour & shape combinations. Otherwise it boils down to storage space and the amount of money I'm willing to spend.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Try Hunting: Gun, Ammo, Clothing, Cabin up north, Gas, gotta have a truck, processing game, mounts, etc.; Fishing can be the same, add in a boat, a billion or so lures, just the right rod, etc.; Not even going to get into reenactors or restorers (antiques, cars, old military equipment, etc).

Compared to many of our other hobbies, this is a poor man's choice.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
You're right cats are not expensive. Wives, girlfriends, children......the only reason I can afford my ASL habit is because at the moment I don't have those.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got HoB Issues 1 & 3 and ASL Classic magazine on the way from eBay. I realize that this last one is really only satisfying the "collector" in me (but it didn't cost much, either).

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Just received Schwerpunkt #3 and 7, Carnage at Cassino and Hell's Bridgehead by CH, and Beyond the Beachhead 2 by BFP.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Just received Schwerpunkt #3 and 7, Carnage at Cassino and Hell's Bridgehead by CH, and Beyond the Beachhead 2 by BFP.
If you have an early version of this (orange folder), then you are now the proud owner of one of the ugliest maps that I have ever come about. I just had it in my hands yesterday when reorganizing stuff. CH did much better later in map artwork.

von Marwitz

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
If you have an early version of this (orange folder), then you are now the proud owner of one of the ugliest maps that I have ever come about. I just had it in my hands yesterday when reorganizing stuff. CH did much better later in map artwork.

von Marwitz
It's really ugly. But, choosing between 1st edition ugly map and 2nd edition equally ugly but unreadable map, with the adding of useless counters for more money, I choose the first. It's the scenarios and CGs in which I am really interested. CH has done much better maps after that (even my copy of Motoyama airfield had a bettered map respect the first edition). But until there is a reprinting of CaC I will be resigned to ply with such horror of map.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
^ hah. The day they come out with Super Deluxe Omaha with 2.2 inch hexes is the day I drink one too many bottles of Jack and never wake up. I'd need a new game table setup, a new game room, a new house, and likely a new wife

Omaha combined.jpg

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
^ hah. The day they come out with Super Deluxe Omaha with 2.2 inch hexes is the day I drink one too many bottles of Jack and never wake up. I'd need a new game table setup, a new game room, a new house, and likely a new wife

View attachment 4663
I like the plano full of counters holding up the table leg. They must be Axis Minor else getting counters during play would really suck!