What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Carl; I heard there are no more rooms left at the hotel. You may be too late.
I'm good. Snuck in under the wire. Also, the La Quinta across the street is taking ASLOK refugees at a good rate. So either way, I would have been ok. I could have roomed with someone, but the wife is coming. She loves to come along and just have a week away from everything, just doing nothing. (You know you have a hell of a hometown, when doing nothing in Cleveland for a week, beats a week home).

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
there is lots to do in the Cleveland area.........

Peace

Roger

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm good. Snuck in under the wire. Also, the La Quinta across the street is taking ASLOK refugees at a good rate. So either way, I would have been ok. I could have roomed with someone, but the wife is coming. She loves to come along and just have a week away from everything, just doing nothing. (You know you have a hell of a hometown, when doing nothing in Cleveland for a week, beats a week home).
I thought that ASLOK room is there round the clock? Why do people need rooms? (Apart from normal people like the Mrs needing a room..)

Last edited:

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As a newbie, I’m thrilled to have just gotten my first copy of Yanks. Now only if they can re-print FKaC and RS...
There is someone on eBay selling the British counters a sheet at a time for $15.00 also I think I remember at least one copy of West of Alamein for a reasonable amount. However, I have not been on my computer for a couple of days so they may not be there anymore.

Symphonic5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do keep an eye on eBay daily. :) Through the kindness of another member I was able to procure a copy of FKaC. Just need RS now!

There is someone on eBay selling the British counters a sheet at a time for $15.00 also I think I remember at least one copy of West of Alamein for a reasonable amount. However, I have not been on my computer for a couple of days so they may not be there anymore.

Symphonic5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not a bad idea. The biggest problem with that is that all of my maps are SK style and I assume that they aren’t very compatible with the mounted versions.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not a bad idea. The biggest problem with that is that all of my maps are SK style and I assume that they aren’t very compatible with the mounted versions.
You can buy every map for $4.95 from Noble Knight or $5 from MMP.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Meh, Use two stacked 'SK style maps to get approximately the same thickness of a mounted board (or at least you're close); use a plexi over them & who cares. There are several sources to get the individual 'SK boards as well at a reasonable price. The most important part of the product(s) is the counters (as any updates to the scenarios are included in published errata in Journals & other places). The one minor exception to this is the inclusion of Para/Raider Marines in RS & the Mini-CG Gavutu-Tanambogo.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
To mix both, you can put a SK style map onto an unused mounted map. Not ideal, but workable.
In the end, you are better off with SK-style maps these days. When they first came up, my plan was to mount them on excess mounted boards, but there are too many released in short order to keep this up.

von Marwitz

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For the most part it is just a matter of thickness and what one is used to using. I had dozens of left over laminated mounted maps from my Squad Leader days when I came back to the game.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
Looks like AP 13 is up for preorder, so I'll get mine from Chris at BattleSchool.

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Wish that I were able to be there (still don't know the game well enough to warrant the trip). Play well and have a blast.
That's totally backwards, actually. Want to know the game well? Go to a tourney and mainline ASL, playing with a variety of players for a few days. Nothing will help you learn ASL more. Seriously. (Also tourneys are stupidly fun).

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's totally backwards, actually. Want to know the game well? Go to a tourney and mainline ASL, playing with a variety of players for a few days. Nothing will help you learn ASL more. Seriously. (Also tourneys are stupidly fun).
I really hate the idea of wasting people's time by repeatedly asking basic rules questions and by not playing well enough to make the game interesting. That being said, I am planning to hit Winter Offensive this year and do just that. As for ASLOk next year, we'll see...