What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Those do look nice!
Thanks. The OBA tokens are scheduled to arrive on 17 August.
OBA Tokens 800px.jpg

New Belgian and FKaC BattleDice have arrived, but photos won't be up until later this weekend. (Both pairs look great, although Helen's favours the Belgian pair. We will begin shipping dice-only preorders tomorrow.

Japanese, Soviet, and US Airborne BattleDice back in stock.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finally received my Stalingrad module from CH, the Map looks awesome, hopefully I'll be able to play OAF 103 The Valor of the Guards this weekend. The scenario match's up perfectly with the Map, and the SSR's work well for this one too. Life is good with lots of Stalingrad to play.votg 043.jpg

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wasn't that map redrawn in VASL and put up for free for everybody to use?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you look up a few posts you will see a pic of what I purchased which is called ATS Basic game Stalingrad. Strangely enough the ATS rules are very similar to ASL. But the real kicker is the scenarios contained in this module have the wrong summery IE a few scenarios have summary's of Red October factory fights, wrong terrain lol. But I bought the game mainly for the map to use with OAF 103. And for 23 bucks, it was not a horrible deal.

Is that the one that is listed as Stalingrad the Tractor Works 2014 on CH's website?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The problem is, the VASL version is cartoonish looking, secondly I really do not feel like driving 10 miles to kinkos and paying 20 odd bucks for them to print out a map. This is for ftf play not VASL play.

Why convert it, it is the same bloody map

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To complement my recent purchase of "Decade of War," eBay provided "To the Bridge," and "Roads to Rome." I think I now have a full set of the crazy maps.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
... I think I now have a full set of the crazy maps.
<Ahem> Me thinks you have KP Duty until further notice, AND you retain your Novice status, until further notice likewise. Two steps forward, one step backwards grasshoppa. Those maps add tactical dimension, terrain, and the like. Your "boot" status glares in my eyes. Now go away, and clip counters or file scenario cards in plastic sleeves or some such task.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
<Ahem> Me thinks you have KP Duty until further notice, AND you retain your Novice status, until further notice.
You make unwarranted and unjustified inferences; sloppy reasoning. Why must "crazy" be bad? If I felt the maps were some sort of abomination, I would truly be mad to have acquired them all. I expected more careful thinking from you; I am sorely disappointed, sir. ;^)

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK
Why are they 'crazy' maps?
First, it was a throw-away comment, not intended as a pejorative (think "crazy, daddy-o"). Second, how are they not "crazy," compared with all maps that came before. First I got used to the 7 starter kit maps. Next,the 50 or so MMP maps (both mounted and not), Then 10 or so maps from BFP. Then a Friendly Fire map and LFT map. All one-sided and with the same physical dimensions. The new (to me) maps certainly differ from all my previously acquired aesthetic sensibilities. Again, not bad, but certainly crazy looking when seen through the lens of all my previously acquired exper

hayman

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I bought 'Valour at Casa Berardi' from Lone Canuck publishing the other month.

Beautifully rendered map with lots of shellholes, rubble & olive groves. Difficult tank country.

The first 3 scenarios are small affairs, with the 4th scenario combining the 3 to make one large scenario (10 turns, half a dozen tanks each, with as many supporting infantry squads).

A good series of battles, recommended for those that are looking forward to the Ortona CG release, as this engagement was fought on the way Ortona against German paras.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
First, it was a throw-away comment, not intended as a pejorative (think "crazy, daddy-o"). Second, how are they not "crazy," compared with all maps that came before. First I got used to the 7 starter kit maps. Next,the 50 or so MMP maps (both mounted and not), Then 10 or so maps from BFP. Then a Friendly Fire map and LFT map. All one-sided and with the same physical dimensions. The new (to me) maps certainly differ from all my previously acquired aesthetic sensibilities. Again, not bad, but certainly crazy looking when seen through the lens of all my previously acquired exper
OK
I just didn't get the crazy reference.
THB I haven't played anything on those maps yet, so haven't really spent much time looking at them, though I always buy APs and WO Packs just because they contain official maps.
It's funny, I'm not a 'completist' regarding anything else except core modules, and I may never play the scenarios that come with them but I gotta have those maps!

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK
I just didn't get the crazy reference
If you ever get a chance to get to know me, you'll pretty quickly figure out that I am incredibly more likely to joke around than do the internet equivalent of the crazy old man on the street corner angrily shouting my manifesto at passersby.