What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It is true one has to be careful and then it is still more expensive than it should, However, if one wants to play something besides the east front and a limited part of the west front one has to resort to places like eBay. Waiting a decade for a reprint is not option when one is in their late sixties.
Then get the OoBs CH is printing and zero in on MMPs Map Pack reprintings happening now and you'll be all set minus the scenario's and chapter H notes missing from the cores. Update to the core modules as they become available. Basically, this is the approach I have taken... yes, it took a few years to finally start getting the good MMP gear but it kept me rolling while learning the rules. Just say no to ebay hosers unless it is in shrink and less then double the original cost.

Ebay prices are high because there is always a few old guys desperately trying to out bid one another. ;-)

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Then get the OoBs CH is printing and zero in on MMPs Map Pack reprintings happening now and you'll be all set minus the scenario's and chapter H notes missing from the cores. Update to the core modules as they become available. Basically, this is the approach I have taken... yes, it took a few years to finally start getting the good MMP gear but it kept me rolling while learning the rules. Just say no to ebay hosers unless it is in shrink and less then double the original cost.

Ebay prices are high because there is always a few old guys desperately trying to out bid one another. ;-)
I agree there is no way I will pay huge amounts for this stuff. I'm pretty careful about how much pay. As I mentioned earlier I paid $93 for West of Alamein. The most I have spent is $152 for Doomed Battalions (which was really too high but I have a fascination for Minor Powers). Over Christmas i was able to get both Gung Ho and Code of Bushido for about $50 each. As to chapter H one can get that from 3rd party ASL cards which also come in handy as they are much easier to read. As to the maps, I still have a whole bunch of the first twenty something mounted boards from my old Squad Leader days. They are almost all in absolutely pristine condition as I laminated them after some yutz got a coffee stain on one.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
IMG_3883.JPG Not quite ASL but just bought these and an English translation all signed by Bose himself, hope there are some ideas for some StuG scenarios!!

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As to the maps, I still have a whole bunch of the first twenty something mounted boards from my old Squad Leader days.
I have a lot of duplicates of the mounted map boards because I have, like you, been buying on the secondary market and a also bought a large lot and that included boards 1-43 mounted. Shoot me a PM with the maps you are looking for and I might have extras.

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I was able to get Red Barricades (that's why I cancelled my preorder of Red Factories - and I'm not sure to be ever able to play the Red October part) and Blood Reef Tarawa. I need to learn PTO, the sooner, the better :)
Also, if my parcel ever arrives : West of Alamein & Hollow Legions (my core modules are all AH, so I continued that way, waiting to find them low-priced).

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
It's been a while since I've bought anything other than Journals, so I just did some catching up:

1)Battleschool Starter 15pack of nationality dice
2)Suction Tool from Battleschool
3)Haakkaa Paalle plus Finn dice
4)Journal #12
5) WO Pack #1
6) WO Pack #3
7) WO Pack #4
8) WO PAck #5
9) WO Pack #7
10) WO Pack #8
11) AP #8 (which I somehow missed when it was first published)
12) LFT Deluxe Pack #1
13) Lone Canuck's Bloody Buron
14) a sugar maple dice tower

A shout out to Battleschool for such awesome service.
Great pricing, super quick shipping, and very professional packing.

djohannsen

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From eBay, I just got the three (3) unpunched counter sheets for "Doomed Battalions," 2nd edition. This purchase only set me back about $37.50, which includes the shipping. As I've already got "Last Hurrah," I think that this gives me the complete Allied Minor OoB and that makes me VERY happy. I still need to find a way to rustle up the Chapter H pages, but I'll burn one bridge at a time...

Last edited: