What are your ASL scenario plans this week?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another Andy Hershey special is on the table, my buddy Bob might be coing by today so I decided to give DB158 A Stalinesque Christmas a try. Typical with this designers philosophy lots of static placement of units and another VC that you will need to really pay close attention too. But it is Stalingrad, it is on the RO map, so even though I am not a fan of this designers style, I still like RB/ RO enough to give it a try. Dont know if the scenario will be a balanced affair just because the crazy ivan VC's will need to be closely watched. Below is what the scenario looks like with counters pulled:

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Playing "No Dunkirk" from the latest AP. I have the hapless North Koreans on defence. Tough call as to whether to give a decent defence of the buildings or just flee like scared rabbits across the fords and hope to survive on the other side until turn 6!

Bryan Holtby

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Howdy-

With the new DftB in hand, I decided to ready scenario DB 165 A Day of Turmoil and Reverses for my next game which will be wed afternoon with Rich. Dont know if it is balanced, but it is Stalingrad and thats enough for me.
Heading back to Stalingrad myself, once again after a closely fought and bloody affair VotG CG1, this time its RBIII as the Germans using Leaflet House Rules. I think the LHR is a bit rough on the Germans with the 838's losing 2 DC and their 5 smoke exponent, but we'll see how it pans out.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My ftf buddy could not make it saturday, but we plan to play tonight, so hopefully I'll have something to report back to ya all down the line.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Playtesting for Dispatch #53 once again today, we are already done with one scenario (Blow That Bridge, Partisans vs German security troops on the Russian Front)) and are fighting in France 1940 today.

If anyone is interested in helping, we'll be looking for outside playtesters after Thanksgiving, contact me then at:

aslbunker@aol.com

We'll also have a Korean War action and a unique 3 way late in WWII in China between an Allied USA/Chinese Commandos force and 2 other Chinese groups, one is a Chinese bandit or warlord group and the other the Red Chinese. These 2 will be ready after the holidays for testing.

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from some of you later on.

Roll low and be safe and well, Vic.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I need to pick a scenario to practice from the first round of the NY State ASL Championship.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well I hosted tony and Steve playing Valley of death from peleliu White beach one on Tuesday....that's a 3 legged dog!
This Friday night ASL is WO12 Heatt of the Wildreness. Im playing Rich. We have a couple of new faces coming along too, Jim and Peter.

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Planning to play a paradrop scenario on Saturday. Need to figure out which one.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playing "No Dunkirk" from the latest AP. I have the hapless North Koreans on defence. Tough call as to whether to give a decent defence of the buildings or just flee like scared rabbits across the fords and hope to survive on the other side until turn 6!
well if you have a tough call before the first dice are thrown -- I feel like I did my job.

Let me know how it turns out...

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
well if you have a tough call before the first dice are thrown -- I feel like I did my job.

Let me know how it turns out...
It was a great scenario. Played it right to the bitter end and was touch and go for both sides throughout. I sacrificed my best North Korean infantry up front to attrit and delay. As soon as turn two commenced, I began withdrawing my conscripts across the fords still concealed. It is a long, slow process when you can only enter in the movement phase and a long haul to get to the other side of the river but most of my conscripts made it as my delaying force did a good job in making the US pay for each building, and my 82mm mortar was set up to lay down enough smoke so the M24s couldn't target the withdrawing troops. As well, my HMG and Commisar had to keep repositioning out of the copious US smoke to stay engaged. In the end I had 16 points worth of troops on the other side of the river, and held him from getting all the buildings. Outstanding scenario design! Well done!

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It was a great scenario. Played it right to the bitter end and was touch and go for both sides throughout. I sacrificed my best North Korean infantry up front to attrit and delay. As soon as turn two commenced, I began withdrawing my conscripts across the fords still concealed. It is a long, slow process when you can only enter in the movement phase and a long haul to get to the other side of the river but most of my conscripts made it as my delaying force did a good job in making the US pay for each building, and my 82mm mortar was set up to lay down enough smoke so the M24s couldn't target the withdrawing troops. As well, my HMG and Commisar had to keep repositioning out of the copious US smoke to stay engaged. In the end I had 16 points worth of troops on the other side of the river, and held him from getting all the buildings. Outstanding scenario design! Well done!
Did anyone swim? If I could tell Bill Hayward that they did, he would be quite happy.