What are you painting right now?

SnEaKy_GiT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Whats on my workbench:

Originally posted by Janos
Looks very sharp. What company made them?

JS
The are Flames of War stuff ... company is a New Zealand group called Battlefront ...

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Re: Whats on my workbench:

Originally posted by SnEaKy_GiT
The are Flames of War stuff ... company is a New Zealand group called Battlefront ...
Ok a few question about Flames of War!

Saw it really pushed at Origins. Do you have the rules and do you like them?

The miniatures looked good to me. I though they we 15mm but I am not sure. I was getting sucked in by the 10mm to finish some WW2 I am working on.

PS: Nice table cloth. Goes well with the tanks…

SnEaKy_GiT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok ... first off I have to say I'm a Moderator on the Flames of War Forum ... (which is an unpaid position) .... so I'm not here to push the game ... I play plenty of other game systems as well .... Now that's clear up ...

Yes the game uses 15mm models

I've got the rules and the rules set plays much like 40k ... so if you familar with them you'll learn the rules overnight ..

Breaks down into

Move Step -> Shoot Step -> Assualt Step

It's a fun game ... a good company sized game can last from 2 - 6 hours depending on how many models you have ....

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How would you say the rules compare to something like an Arc of Fire or Battleground WW2?

I was tempted to buy the rules and the miniatures were really nice IMHO. I am always looking for new rules to try out.

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
Ok ... first off I have to say I'm a Moderator on the Flames of War Forum ... (which is an unpaid position) .... so I'm not here to push the game ... I play plenty of other game systems as well .... Now that's clear up ...

Yes the game uses 15mm models

I've got the rules and the rules set plays much like 40k ... so if you familar with them you'll learn the rules overnight ..

Breaks down into

Move Step -> Shoot Step -> Assualt Step

It's a fun game ... a good company sized game can last from 2 - 6 hours depending on how many models you have ....
Great info! What eras do they cover?

JS

SnEaKy_GiT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by jguritza
How would you say the rules compare to something like an Arc of Fire or Battleground WW2?

I was tempted to buy the rules and the miniatures were really nice IMHO. I am always looking for new rules to try out.
Wouldn't know actually ... as I don't play those two games. ..

Only have my hands on Ancients Wargaming ... all the GW stuff ... Warmachine ... and now am into Flames of War ...

Joans ... it broken down into 3 eras ..

Early War 1939 - 1941
Mid War 1942 - 1943
Late War 1944 - 1945

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Early War 1939 - 1941
Mid War 1942 - 1943
Late War 1944 - 1945
Those are the time frames I love to battle thanks for the information!!!!

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Let's see........ I have to finish painting:
1 leman russ tank
1 leman russ exterminator
1 congueror turret ( for an alread painted leman russ chasis)
1 basilisk
1 trench section
2 squads of Cadian shocktroopers

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Finished up some WW2 Russian infantry all 10mm. I had to give my eyes a break so I am going back to paintings some ACW miniatures for my American Civil War game.

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
A couple of weeks ago I started digging out my army and repairing/repainting. So far, I have dug out 16 companies of foot archers, (6 figures each, and a captain) and begun getting them back in usable shape again. A few years in a box was hard on them. Also dug out a horse archer regiment (50 figures with a colonel and a standard bearer) and made sure they were ready to be painted. I've painted a couple of dozen spare figures, mostly having to do with the archers but also a catapult crew (haven't found the catapult yet).

I still haven't found the box that the bulk of my army is in, but will look for them as time comes available.

Since one of my goals is to get my son roped into this masochistic hobby, I also gave him a bunch of plastic Airfix "Ancient Britons" and some light horse, as well as a figure to represent him as General of his Army.

The Doctor

Junk Science Debunker
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have begun painting my Conte Collectible Plastic - WWII British Paras in 1/35 scale. I have finished 3, half finished 4 more and have about 40 to go. At the rate I'm going I'll never get to the Americans, Germans or my Roarke's Drift diorama. :cheeky:

Alan Hamilton

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Recently I've been painting up stuff for my Morvalistan (Colonial in a sort of African setting). Askaris, tribal characters and some canoes. These last were a complete failure so if anyone has some ideas on making simple and strong canoes for my African tribesmen - please let me know.

The last items added were three hot air balloons made fro old McDonalds "My Little Pony" Balloons. You can see them in action here Balloon game.

In addition to these I've added some more Chinese to my between the wars collection. These are from the Pulp Figures range by the talented Bob Murch.