What are the "rubble bounce" packs?

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi-

as promised here are the pics of the 4 Stalingrad map packs released by RT. Be warned, I found at least two or so scenarios in this pack are dependent on maps from other Stalingrad Bounce packs. So basically you have to buy all 4 to utilize all the scenarios contained in each pack. As usual with all CH products: BUYER BEWARE.

First impressions, I do like the maps, the scenarios look like they were taken out of many of Jason Marks books. Are the maps historical? Close but they are meant to fit within a certain board perimeter I suppose.

Edit and Note: these are the Baby bounce packs IE hex size is geo board size.
Edit Note 2: Be careful if you plan to purchase these RT has three versions up on his website: A Large hex version (deluxe?), The Baby bounce version (normal hex size) and a version that uses I think normal hill colors.
Thanks, Scott. Good pics.

It looks like RT's "new standard" for geos is 13x32 hexes. Would that be the same for previous non-Stalingrad Bounce packs?

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I should add that each pack comes with 6 map pieces (baby bounce packs) with each map being 11.5" × 12.5" non folding maps, so if you saved your old RB box, this will come in handy when storing those maps.

Note: Old boy has four version up, The large hex version, the Geo hex size version, the Winterized version and the Greenie version (all ground level is green instead of light brown) I guess there are some serious collectors out there that buy that other stuff.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looked over the scenarios and with each pack on one of the scenario cards RB Rules ( assume 1E) are in effect with the addition that the 838 and 628's are engineers and the Russians have MOL capability. There are 4 night scenarios, 15 Scenarios with Airsupport, there are 28 Infantry scenarios IE no AFV's and there are 22 scenarios that have OBA. So not too bad, 72 scenarios in total with a wide variety of different situations. Probably not play tested but it is Stalingrad....

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Who designed the maps and scenarios; does it say?

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi Scott

I think its more than that - I remember when I ordered it I bothered to read the "Friday Emailer" and it talked about the idea being something that had been done way back by someone and he got it off the shelf finally so it gave me teh impression it was done like way back when "streets of fire" came out

Rob