What are the "rubble bounce" packs?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I have been noticing in the Friday emailer that there are some packs called "baby bounce" and "rubble bounce"...does anyone know what these are? I think they contain city maps but not sure if they have scenarios too.

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Stalingrad Maps: Large hex (Rubble) and standard hex size (baby)

lluis61

Reaction score
First name
Luis
Country
llSpain
Scenarios too?

I take it the maps are not historical....
I don't own them, but I think that no scenarios are added to the packs. And the maps, yes, are HASL, probably a re-launching of the CH maps of Dzerhezinsky, Mamayev Kurgan, Southern Stalingrad et al...

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are a total of 64 scenarios in all the packs. The Make The Rubble Bounce Packs number 12 and have Counters and maps with oversized hexes and 6 scenarios each. The Baby Bounce packs number 4 and have normal size maps, no counters and 16 scenarios each. They can be found on the CH site on the left side under ASLComp October. They are on the last 10 or so pages out of 49 pages I think. The maps and scenarios are the same in both sets. The maps are City of Stalingrad maps.

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
Hi All

I have the first 6 Rubble Bounce and the others are coming
Bounce Baby looks like a half board product of the same stuff (not sure really and probably wont buy teh smaller product - 12 x Deluxe RB products is enough for my purse
I will try and RV them when the 12 have arrived but needless to say every pack is a folded set of boards (2), scenarios 8-12 and a counter sheet that is different each time (slowly put together an eclectic set of those) - I provide a small pic of number 1 - Sry I don't have time for the first 6 to be reviewed yet but maybe some hope next week

In reality if you love Streets of Fire (just about to be reprinted) this would make you happy - or maybe just love of Stalingrad will compel you to venture in

Cheers

Rob :)

Attachments

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
From what I have seen of the maps they don't look like any part of Stalingrad that I recognise. I feel perhaps they are generic maps of Stalingrad type terrain. Made to capture the feel of the city if not being historical as such.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From what I have seen of the maps they don't look like any part of Stalingrad that I recognise. I feel perhaps they are generic maps of Stalingrad type terrain. Made to capture the feel of the city if not being historical as such.
They produce a version with Stalingrad brown maps that might be closer to what you are familiar with. I think the boards themselves are similar to what Don Petros is talking about in another thread: geo boards inspired by historical terrain. I have to admit when I first saw them I thought of your Black Barricades and porting them over for Berlin

Jumbo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are the large hex maps historical, as in HASL-historical? And do their packs come with scenarios?
If so, I am interested. I ask because I cannot figure this out from CH's website.
CH's Tarawa map- the "monster large hex" version - is great fun to play on.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
They produce a version with Stalingrad brown maps that might be closer to what you are familiar with. I think the boards themselves are similar to what Don Petros is talking about in another thread: geo boards inspired by historical terrain. I have to admit when I first saw them I thought of your Black Barricades and porting them over for Berlin
I think you may be right - geo boards inspired by historical terrain.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Are the large hex maps historical, as in HASL-historical? And do their packs come with scenarios?
If so, I am interested. I ask because I cannot figure this out from CH's website.
Not historical. Just inspired by historical maps. The packs contain scenarios.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, they each come with 8 scenarios

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Are they called ‘rubble bounce’ because that’s what you do the whole time, strip concealment with bounce moves?

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
my package is on the way, should either get it this weekend or by monday. Will post pics once in hand.

Scott

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

as promised here are the pics of the 4 Stalingrad map packs released by RT. Be warned, I found at least two or so scenarios in this pack are dependent on maps from other Stalingrad Bounce packs. So basically you have to buy all 4 to utilize all the scenarios contained in each pack. As usual with all CH products: BUYER BEWARE.

First impressions, I do like the maps, the scenarios look like they were taken out of many of Jason Marks books. Are the maps historical? Close but they are meant to fit within a certain board perimeter I suppose.

Edit and Note: these are the Baby bounce packs IE hex size is geo board size.
Edit Note 2: Be careful if you plan to purchase these RT has three versions up on his website: A Large hex version (deluxe?), The Baby bounce version (normal hex size) and a version that uses I think normal hill colors.

Last edited: