What are the odds ratio?

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
SASL VOTG night rules (overcast w/ half-moon, NVR=2), ambush drm are -3 for RU (stealthy, concealed) and +0 for GE (lax, PANIC, concealed, leadership (or would this not count because of the PANIC?); RU gains ambush (RU:2 GE 5). I'm thinking the RU would choose H-to-H at 1-2 odds, but not sure of the ratio because of the concealment. Can you guys help me out?

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Assuming the RU are ENEMY.

Note the RU have a +1 for the 'Inexperienced' 426 but that does not appear to change the results of the ambush dr. I saw nothing stating the -1 for the SMC is not applicable, just the affects of Panic.

If the RU attack with all 8 factors against all the Germans its 1:2 (8 vs 13 or 1:2) with a -1 DRM H-t-H.

If you want the opposition to be a little less 'programed' you could split the attacks up, or only attack some units and not others.

There are choices.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All Panic units are assessed a +1/ -1

S6.211: Panic units are treated as if TI (A4.8) thus:

If engaged in CC, it must add +1 to any CC attack DR it is involved in (limit of one per attack), and subtract one from any CC attack DR made against it

if attacking everyone, it would be HtH 1:2 -2 (ambush, TI)

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
PANIC gives a +2 to Ambush (S6.213) and also give TI penalties. I forgot the -1 for the RU 426 for ambush. What would the German odds be, assuming they survive?

EDIT

Also forgot about the overstacking, so RU would get a net +0 DRM (-1 ambush, -1 TI, +2 Overstack, and the Germans would get a +4 (+1 TI, +1 Ambush, +4 Overstack), wouldn't they?
Just reread A5 and I guess this wouldn't apply. Looks like they will be locked in H-to-H for the next turn, with the GE losing a HS.

EDIT EDIT
The GE squads lost in H-to-H during the GE CCPh. Thanks for the help on this.

Last edited: