What are my Routing options?

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Playing SASL VoTG, and I encountered the following situation in the RU Turn 1. It's the RtPh and the RU have finished there part of the phase and its now the GE turn. I have two sets of broken GE units, and they have a RU 120mm+ OBA landing on/behind them.
Case 1:
In Z1 I have a broken 9-1 and 1.5 MMC. Can I just low crawl to Z0 (or AA1?), even though it is not directly towards W1 (nearest cover)? A10.51 says I don't have to run through the FFE. Or can I just stay in place since there are no Good Order RU in Normal Range? There is a broken 248 in BB1, and a broken 458 in CC3.

Case 2:
In Z3 I have a broken 467 (NOT in the FFE) in Open Ground, the nearest cover would be X3/Y4, but the only legal route to take would require moving through X2/Y2 and enter building from the rear; else the S? in BB6 would prevent it moving closer (through Z4) during its movement (S3.1 second bullet). There is a broken 458 in CC6, and a S? in BB6.

JOS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
  1. None of the German units are forced to rout, since they have in hex cover from the AFVs. This would be true even if the Russian had GO units in range and LOS.
  2. Assuming no Known enemy units or other buildings outside the picture, the Z1 units may Low Crawl to Z0 (W1 can be ignored as it is more than 6 MF distant thanks to the 3 MF cost of the roofless buildings). They cannot rout to AA1 as it is closer to BB1. Likewise, the Z3 units have no non-ignorable rout targets, and even without the presence of the Suspect counter, could not rout closer to the Known Russian broken units.
Hope that helped, Joshua

Ahriman667

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That's great, thanks. I never considered the AFV's cover bonus.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Also, if no Russian units are in normal range and you are not in OG...i.e. shellhole. then you don't have to rout either.
Just sit tight and keep your helmets on!!