What are MMP's other games like please?

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Logistics in OCS is not hard, However where OCS fails as a game is the fact that its a IGO/YUGO system with long down time for non-phasing players.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
About two years ago I saw an advert for a game covering the German relief efforts of Budapest (The Konrad offensives) plus the Spring Awakening campaign. Later on when I enquired about it no one (including Perry) knew what the game was. Well, I just found the game on pre order at MMP. It is The Panzers Last Stand. A BCS game. I may have to buy this if it is released. Those campaigns have always fascinated me.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Logistics in OCS is not hard, However where OCS fails as a game is the fact that its a IGO/YUGO system with long down time for non-phasing players.
One other good point about the BCS system is that players alternate the activation of formations, so one side cannot run amok while the other player sits docile, waiting to see what survives before making counter moves. The order in which formations are activated can influence the game and requires some thought.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Personally, I didn't know MMP made other games. I wasn't aware ANYONE made other games. Am I the last to know this? -- jim
They've tried to shield you from that awful reality. Just concern for your mental well being I can assure you!🙄

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Personally, I didn't know MMP made other games. I wasn't aware ANYONE made other games. Am I the last to know this? -- jim
Well, I have heard unproven rumors that another strategy game does exist somewhere out there going by the name of
'Tic Tac Toe'. It is said, that its rules are not quite up to par with ASL, though.

von Marwitz

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Well, I have heard unproven rumors that another strategy game does exist somewhere out there going by the name of
'Tic Tac Toe'. It is said, that its rules are not quite up to par with ASL, though.

von Marwitz
That's all rumor originating from Germany. There is no such thing. May as well believe in Big Foot. -- jim

jomolungma

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So an "IGO/YUGO to the bathroom and maybe chill out for a while" game?

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
So an "IGO/YUGO to the bathroom and maybe chill out for a while" game?
Depends on the game. Smaller games maybe. Bigger ones like GBII or CB are more like read a book, watch a football game.

The non phasing player has to be around for hip shoots, overruns and interceptions but can't actually do much.
it is much worse when the other guy takes a double turn.

It is tolerable solitaire but miserable in person.

jomolungma

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Depends on the game. Smaller games maybe. Bigger ones like GBII or CB are more like read a book, watch a football game.

The non phasing player has to be around for hip shoots, overruns and interceptions but can't actually do much.
it is much worse when the other guy takes a double turn.

It is tolerable solitaire but miserable in person.
That does not sound fun

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I am actually more into GCACW than I am into ASL right now - I've been looking for a non-tactical ACW game for ages (on computer, mostly), but GCACW's initiative system makes for an outstandingly variable experience that I think recreates really well the challenges facing operational commanders at the time.
Which tactical ACW games can you recommend?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I spent the last few days going over all the other games that MMP produce. There is some amazing stuff there.

CTKnudsen

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Which tactical ACW games can you recommend?
Well I like the Ultimate General Civil War game for computer, but the idea of tactical level ACW doesn't thrill me a whole bunch. The interesting problems in that conflict for me are at the operational/strategic level. I'm sure that there are some great games out there that would have me changing my tune, though!