What am i doing wrong?

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
(standing up addressing room)Hello my name is John and i am a sloppy poster,thing is though when i write them in the reply screen they look fine then boom as soon as its posted it looks like
a hamster ran across the keyboard.I know,i know i can't fix the problem by shifting responsability,i must aknowledge that its my fault before the healing can begin.so whats the ten step program?

Seriously though i don't understand why sometimes my posts look okay and others,well their a mess to be kind.If i maximize my screen they look okay but minimized ...ew!How am i messing this simple act up?:confused:

Fishotter

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
Um, have you tried the Preview Reply button at the bottom of the page? You get to see both your original text and what it's gonna look like when posted. Gives you all the time to correct, modify, embellish or simply color your message...

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes i have,and everything looks fine then once posted it looks like a semi-literate chimp wrote it.I write my responses the same way everytime,just sometimes it comes out with huge gaps all through the post.

The strange thing is when i have the screen maximized it looks okay,so i just leave it maximized whenever i'm posting.When i leave the screen minimized thats when things look ugly.I don't see how the posts would show differently because of the window setting.Am i missing something?

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
well I do not know what you see

But all your posts look just fine to me ... no difference between yours or others, John.
Maybe your own browser?

Dan Neely

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks likes you're manually inserting carrige returns after some of your lines. Since the board does wordwrap automatically, adn scales to the width of peoples browser windows, what looks perfectly fine in the edit window looks broken in the thread display unless your resolution happens to be a mutiple of where the line breaks are.

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
thanks

So your saying don't hit the enter button when i come to the end of a line?sorry if i don't quite understand the response,the only thing i got taught in computer class was how to play Montezumas Revenge and battle tank,it kept us from bothering the teacher.
...Oh i can also turn the screen different colors,at least the taxpayers money wasn't wasted on my education:p

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Internet explorer,can't remember which version off hand.Though sometimes when i go to different sites it has me switch...whats the other one i have to use sometimes...hmmm...can't remember but i think it was a default one for aol.

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just to make sense of that last post every once in a blue moon i get this strange popup"Internet Explorer is not your current browser,would you like to make internet explorer your default browser?"or something to that effect.it actually suprised me the last time it happened,as i had already answered yes sometime back.

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay i don't seem to be having the problem anymore,like i alway"s say"its not the equipment thats defective,its the user." Thanks for the help :)