What A Battle

bill44

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I sent a group of BB's and BC's in all, and a CL on a raid around Lerwick.
I hoped to bag some of the lighter forces that patrolled the area or maybe take out some more British BC's, well I ended up in one hell of a night battle that lasted over an hour.
I reversed direction hoping to catch some of the lighter forces that I'd traded shots with at dawn, but ended up in the middle of the entire BC squadron.
When the battle spawned I was literally in line with the british ships, I mean one british one German my ships occupied the spaces between the British ships, I cant begin to imagine how this occurred.
Well I opened fire on the ships ahead, the British light forces dispersed on either flank fired torpedoes, some hitting my ships and some hitting the British BC's.
The close range, (under 1000mts) seemed to work for me the British BC's started going up like Roman candles, in fact in the first minute 3 or 4 BC's fell to ACH's.
In fact I was so surprised that I forgot to start taking screen shots.
After I left the BC's behind, I fought off some attacks by the light forces sinking AC's DD's and CL's.
I thought it was over but then the old British BB's came in to view and it was on again, more sucess.
One strange thing I was winning the war up till then and now the war has swung in favour of the British, dispite my losse being 6 damaged and 5 sunk vs 48 British sunk and 16 damaged.
Either way Fishers greyhounds are no more.

Daedalus

Reaction score
Great job Bill. Those night shots are awesome!
I my self love to fight night battles, and the star shells really make the game come alive.