Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I suppose it's better than either of you being dead.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, my son's university commencement is postponed, but at least he'll graduate. Won't be able to find a job in this economy, but that's another issue.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
What a valuable lesson to be learned so early in one's career....dealing with disappointment. It is the human condition.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Schools not to open until the fall. No graduation.

I have a very upset HS senior right now.
My neighbor's daughter is in grade 11 and distraught at not being in school as well. Not because of her friends but because she genuinely likes doing the work. Snarky replies about what a great learning opportunity this is will not do much to assuage their feelings - it's easy for us to forget now just how limitless the world seemed while in high school. Also easy to forget that at that age, school is all they will have ever known. The only thing I could say to soothe the girl's feelings were "at least this wasn't your graduation year." That's got to suck big time for your daughter.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My neighbor's daughter is in grade 11 and distraught at not being in school as well. Not because of her friends but because she genuinely likes doing the work. Snarky replies about what a great learning opportunity this is will not do much to assuage their feelings - it's easy for us to forget now just how limitless the world seemed while in high school. Also easy to forget that at that age, school is all they will have ever known. The only thing I could say to soothe the girl's feelings were "at least this wasn't your graduation year." That's got to suck big time for your daughter.
The only thing she really has left is studying for the AP tests in early May. She is very active socially, heck she was Homecoming Queen and Dance Team Captian.
Canceled events:
Spring Dance show
Dance Team banquet
Prom
Academic banquet
Graduation ceremony

She also dances for the Long Beach Ballet Acadamy (since she was 5) and the spring show of Swan Lake would be her last performance and she has a lead part.

Yes, I know saying healthy and alive is more important and safety of the community. She understands that.

Interestingly this these are the kids that were all born during the uncertainty of 9/11.

sigh

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I do wonder though, with all the cars not being driven these days, if anyone will get some useful data on effects of human activity on the planet's temperature. I suspect it would be too small a sample (I hope so anyway) but seems like a good opportunity for those kinds of studies.

Ric of The LBC

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I do wonder though, with all the cars not being driven these days, if anyone will get some useful data on effects of human activity on the planet's temperature. I suspect it would be too small a sample (I hope so anyway) but seems like a good opportunity for those kinds of studies.
Well, I tell you this: My commute is cut in about half because I can now take the freeway to and from the office. 8 min vs. 15 min.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Yep, same here. Much fewer collisions reported as well. The human race might be on to something with this social distancing and work from home stuff.