Well, Fratricide sure works...

tws71669

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scen.10
I figure, hey let's see how air misisons are working these days. So all good air missions need spotters right?
My 2nd platoon marines are right next to the hex I'm going to target, they'll do!
Spot the target... call my Marine Air...
Weapon select... a little incoming fire from the woods, but I'm seeing Luke at the Death Star here any second-
My CAS drops a BLU-82
BA-BOOM

Smoke....

Fire....

"Where's the Kaboom, there was supposed to be an earth-shattering Kaboom..."

Oh Dear.

Well, after doing a little research concerning that BLU-82 thingy I understand why I lost nearly my entire company and totalled the enemies 5 vehicles and 2 arty peices in the nieghboring hex and damaged a helo unit flying over the hex.

"The BLU-82 [Bomb Live Unit-82] is a 15,000 pound bomb originally designed to clear helicopter landing zones in Vietnam. The warhead contains 12,600 pounds of GSX [Gelled Slurry Explosive] slurry...." - FAS.org

Slurry.... hmmmmm... that about best describes the leftovers.

I see a Court Martial here.:D

Wolf Being

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did *you* call a Hercules for CAS, or did the game do that for you?

It's the only one capable of carrying the Daisy Cutter, AFAIK, so I'm curious how that came about.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I haven't seen any fratricide yet. Maybe I've just been lucky. Of course, I have been doing a lot of graphics work on the symbol set and haven't played for about a week! That might have something to do with it.