Weird Bug 6.6.1

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
So, I wuz playing on the server....Cold Crocs A25.

CVP matter for both sides, so we were using the Casualties Bin.

My opponent pulled up the Casualty bin to check on CVP.....all of a sudden:
- When I try to pull up the casualty bin, I get the VASL Info window (from the Help pull down)
-I cannot pull up the Casualty bin
-When I click on the File pull down, I also get the same VASL info window...but I do also have access to the File options

Now that my opponent has logged off and it is just me, I still cannot get the Casualties Bin, but I do not get the VASL info window trying to call it up.

Kinky.....

When I get out of VASL and get back in and reload the game, all is as expected with the Casualties Bin

Last edited:

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks for posting. I am just starting to work on some Cas Bin bugs and will look into this one as well.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have just spent some time trying to replicate this bug with no success. I was using vasl6.6.1 and vassal3.4.6 (which is the most recent official release combo).

Something weird in the state of Jazz.

Let me know if it happens again. Hopefully it was just one of those things.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I have just spent some time trying to replicate this bug with no success. I was using vasl6.6.1 and vassal3.4.6 (which is the most recent official release combo).
Joel Uckelman has been extremely productive recently. The latest VASSAL version is v3.4.10 (as of 25. Nov. 2020).

von Marwitz

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Joel Uckelman has been extremely productive recently. The latest VASSAL version is v3.4.10 (as of 25. Nov. 2020).

von Marwitz
Yes, they have been doing great work. But I can't confirm that VASL will work with any of the vassal versions beyond 3.4.6. It appears that some people are forging ahead and using those versions. I have no problem with that but they do so at their own risk. VASL6.6.1 was built using VASSAL3.4.6. That was my point.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Yes, they have been doing great work. But I can't confirm that VASL will work with any of the vassal versions beyond 3.4.6. It appears that some people are forging ahead and using those versions. I have no problem with that but they do so at their own risk. VASL6.6.1 was built using VASSAL3.4.6. That was my point.
Uncontrolled regression testing....beggars can't be picky, eh?

uckelman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I can't think of anything we've released after 3.4.6 which seems likely to be involved. What OS are you using?