Webpage update

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
We'll be working on the webpage for the next few hours. You may see a few strange graphics, but everything should be running fine before much longer.

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sometimes i feel like i'm tripping

It's like every time i come here theres a new design on the homepage.Well i guess familiarity does breed contempt,so keep up the good work:) And is it just me or do the images shown for the new combat mission look boxy,The graphics on Allied assault frontline for the ps2 look the same and that came out a while back.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
That's true. I like to think the graphics are improving over time. I also have been trying to make the webpage a bit earier to navigate. I hope I'm succeeding.

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Succeding

Yes you are,this sight has become easier to navigate since the new software:) I just wish there was an easier way to get back to the homepage than having to use my browser,the old forums were nice for the fact that when you hit the homepage it took you back to the sites main page.

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
going back to HQ

hey, John, there is a link down at the bottom of each forum page --- saying "contact us --- Warfare HQ" ... just click that Warfarehq, it is a link back to the homepage.

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did not know that.

Thanks ER,this will save the trouble of closing the window,then having to search the browser for the homepage:)

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Re: Succeding

Originally posted by John Paul
Yes you are,this sight has become easier to navigate since the new software:) I just wish there was an easier way to get back to the homepage than having to use my browser,the old forums were nice for the fact that when you hit the homepage it took you back to the sites main page.
Okay, how is that?

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I'm doing some adjustments to some of the background colors so you may see some weird effects for the next 30 minutes or so.

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
It's better, but still too dark for my tired old eyes.

Have you checked your brightness settings on your monitor, video card? I've got them kicked up a little from default and it's still pretty dark, especially the black on tans (all three shades).

Are you using a LCD display, or have the brightness set really high on your monitor/vid card?

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Actually, I currently have three monitors set up. Two 19" trinitrons and a laptop. The gama and brightness are set to default on all three.

The forum is only slightly darker than it was before I changed the original color scheme. I'll lighten just a tad more and see what that does.

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A minor complaint....

Hello Maddog,

I have a minor complaint. All of the names in OPFOR tourney are very hard to read, it's in dark red (I think), and I couldn't read them unless the cursor is on them, brightening them up in white letters.

That's it....I have more, but I'm afraid you'll probably call in US Navy SEALs to murder me in cold blood if I tell any more complaints....that is if you could locate me via online...hehe.

Thanks,
Dan

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by JAMiAM
It's better, but still too dark for my tired old eyes.
I think what James is saying is that he wants a white background with black lettering...just like his crotchety old newspaper he reads with his morning english muffin. :cheeky:

Twoblade

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think a lighter font can be used if the background is going to be this dark.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Okay, I will lighten the background of the forum just a wee bit more. We'll see how that looks and go from there.

Believe me, I've experimented with lightening the text. The current background isn't that dark so I would need to have an almost white text in order to get enough contrast to make it legible. It would end up looking a lot like the MilitaryGamer forum. To me, very light text like that on a dark background is very hard to get right. The extreme contrast is awful hard on the eyes.

http://www.militarygameronline.com/forums/

I'll tweak it just a little bit more, but the bottom line is that as long as we are using custom colors on the forum it isn't going to look perfect on every monior and match the basic color scheme of the main Warfare HQ webpage. That's why most forums default to a black text on white background system. It's easy on the eyes, but very unappealing.

What I can do is set up the forum so that users have the option to select between multiple styles and color schemes. That way members can choose the one they like best from within their options control panel. Let me work on that.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Okay, since everyone likes to have options, options and more options...

Due to the recent feedback I have received the forum has been set up with an additional style set. This new style set will not change if the main Warfare HQ color scheme changes. It is fairly basic, but it is high contrast and it should work fairly well on most any monitor, even a laptop or LCD.

If you don't like the current style, or you find it hard to read, you can change to the new style set by clicking the "User CP" button at the top of the forum. Once inside click on the "Options" tab. Scroll down and you should see a pull down menu for the style set. Whatever the current Warfare HQ color scheme is will be listed as default. You should also see a high contrast option. Select that option if you wish to change.

I hope this helps make the forum more user friendly. :joy: