We need more Stalingrad HASL's!

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, we need more Stalingrad HASL's, even though I csan play Red Barricades or VotG forever, I think we still need more. So is anybody working on a more Stalingrad stuff?

Scott

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Don't forget Red October will be with us soon. ;)

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well when it's done you will have my Rynok/Spartakovka map, and the Tennis Racket map to use, I am sure folk will make up some tasty scenario's/CG for those.
I have the whole of the southern part of the city mapped out from the bottom of VotG map down to the northern edge of Kuprosnoye (just need to get a certain Map elf to Vasl it).
But official stuff, no idea, I would like to see a reworking of Mamyev kurgan, a new map, new CG and new scenario, the CH attempt left me cold (there's a surprise).

what about a HASL covering the end of the fighting around the DTW in Jan/Feb 43? or in fact any of that fighting from that period, as the Germans you know you are ultimately going to lose but by how much? I.E can you hold out longer than historically?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
One guy has created a CG for the CH DTW map. I can send it out if you want it. 16 CG dates - pretty epic.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Nyet tovaravich!!

While I would buy any respectable publisher's Stalingrad HASL I would like something else EF. MMP's Ponyri or something about Korsun? In the dying days of my tolerance for CH, I got their Berlin stuff (2 versions) as with all it's faults and inconsistencies it was at least half decent and different.

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Sent you the CG Scott. Let me know if you did not receive it.

kcole4001

Stray Cat
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Country
llCanada
I think it's been covered well enough (or will be when RO comes out), but that's just my opinion.
I could still play RB exclusively and be plenty happy.
That kind of replayability means the designers really did something right.

Other subjects do deserve some coverage:
Dinant looks very inviting, still waiting for Ortona, Alan's Brest-Litovsk map looks like it would make a fine (if extremely large) HASL.
I'd also love to see a good Tobruk based HASL that could cover early and late battles equally.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi-

Please send it out to stalingrad838@yahoo.com

Now if we can only get that DTW map up and going then we are golden.
On it Scott, but I am getting distracted by other games and such like (OCS is taking up a fair bit of my time, also am teaching myself GMT Games 'Great battles of History' series, Alexander and SPQR to be precise so time is at a premium, but it WILL be sorted before the end of this year and as soon as it is it will be with the map elf and VASL'd before you know it.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
On it Scott, but I am getting distracted by other games and such like (OCS is taking up a fair bit of my time, also am teaching myself GMT Games 'Great battles of History' series, Alexander and SPQR to be precise so time is at a premium, but it WILL be sorted before the end of this year and as soon as it is it will be with the map elf and VASL'd before you know it.
how is my pacific map coming along?

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At least allow us to have more CGs similar to "Red Barricades". Scott, going to ASLOK this year?

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Olli & Ray - I sent you the CG. Let me know if it has not arrived.

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, we need more Stalingrad HASL'sScott
No, we don't. We really don't ...

If someone wants to design them and there's a demand, then the marketplace will dictate, but I would be fine if we're done with that particular (and narrow) thread in HASL design. It seems to me there are plenty of different settings to be explored with out (yet another) visit to Stalingrad.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, we don't. We really don't ...

If someone wants to design them and there's a demand, then the marketplace will dictate, but I would be fine if we're done with that particular (and narrow) thread in HASL design. It seems to me there are plenty of different settings to be explored with out (yet another) visit to Stalingrad.
I absolutely agree!
I would much rather see a half dozen or so new DTO scenarios or the completion of the Kohima HASL before another product of any type relating to Stalingrad.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
One guy has created a CG for the CH DTW map. I can send it out if you want it. 16 CG dates - pretty epic.
That guy is me!

Following a bit of playtesting, i have tweaked a couple of things.. let me know if you need an updated version. I designed it along the lines of Red Barricades - simple and playable.

16 CG dates over two days fighting for the Tractor Works. Each CG lasting 2 hours. The CH DTW map looks excellent but small hexes ruin it for play. I managed to photocopy and increase the size to 'normal' CH hexes ie bit bigger than the normal geomorphs.
Comments/feedback welcome

Last edited: