We Have Lost Another One

MajorDad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I waited until after Christmas, but it is with deep sadness to announce that my brother Derek Spurlock has passed away after a prolonged illness. He was a member as dspurlock here on GS. He was the man behind the scenes on a lot of ASL projects with numerous producers to include HOB and MMP. Also his knowledge of the history of ASL was second to none. I will surely miss him. I take comfort in knowing he is setting up for our next game for when we meet again.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Though he has passed on to that higher gaming venue we aspire too, he will continue to be present here with us, for you have resurrected his avatar as your own.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very sad to hear, was he the Army combat Engineer Officer? Losing ones close relative is always a tough thing to go through.

Scott

I waited until after Christmas, but it is with deep sadness to

announce that my brother Derek Spurlock has passed away after a prolonged illness. He was a member as dspurlock here on GS. He was the man behind the scenes on a lot of ASL projects with numerous producers to include HOB and MMP. Also his knowledge of the history of ASL was second to none. I will surely miss him. I take comfort in knowing he is setting up for our next game for when we meet again.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Very upset to hear this. Derek and I corresponded greatly during the PT of SK3, both receiving named Leaders, and many times since. I knew he had some health issues but not to this degree. I will miss him.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very sad to hear, was he the Army combat Engineer Officer? Losing ones close relative is always a tough thing to go through.

Scott
The Marine Combat Engineer officer is the one who posted about the loss of his brother.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I waited until after Christmas, but it is with deep sadness to announce that my brother Derek Spurlock has passed away after a prolonged illness. He was a member as dspurlock here on GS. He was the man behind the scenes on a lot of ASL projects with numerous producers to include HOB and MMP. Also his knowledge of the history of ASL was second to none. I will surely miss him. I take comfort in knowing he is setting up for our next game for when we meet again.
Keith, I am very sorry for you loss. He was a good man and he will be missed. -- jim

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
God speed, and thoughts and prayers to all his family and friends.

:-(

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Keith
I´m very sad to hear that Derek has passed away.
My sincerest condolences.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Deepest condolences to you and the family .

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Condolences Keith. I still have that full countersheet (unpunched...) he made for me against your Spurlock hordes. May he rest in peace and prepare everything for our next meeting. Semper Fi!

X

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I never met him but RIP, Derek.

I am sorry for your loss.

jtsjc1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Deepest sympathy Keith may he Rest In Peace.

Scott_Blanton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Keith,
Sorry to hear the news. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.