Waterloo Update 104b Released

DEB

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hello,

This patch is advised as "PDT file fixs" on the "changes" file. Any idea what has been fixed here?

[ Possibally C and N class weapons ( Howitzers ) to C+ and N+ ( allows indirect fire ) and/or correction to the Bridge Value Data ( currently reads 1 but operates as 2 ! ) ?? ]

Last edited:

DEB

Reaction score
Country
ll
Hmm, various people are ominous in their silence here although they post elsewhere re trivia !!

Can anyone out there give me a more detailed heads up than that on the games Changes file ?

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There was a problem with the fire tables that had to be corrected. Noted already on many forums including Blitz and NWC clubs.

Apparently that was ALL that was changed but if you want the definitive answer to ANY question about John's games ALWAYS contact support. Rich H. is VERY responsive. ;)

This forum is not the HPS/JTS tech support forum and any OFFICIAL answer should be directed to the appropriate tech support email address.

DEB

Reaction score
Country
ll
There was a problem with the fire tables that had to be corrected. Noted already on many forums including Blitz and NWC clubs.

Apparently that was ALL that was changed but if you want the definitive answer to ANY question about John's games ALWAYS contact support. Rich H. is VERY responsive. ;)
OK, problem information traced and noted. Links would have been nice / helpful though ... :)
I was not particularly expecting a response from anyone at ( or linked to ) HPS. Anyone could have helped out...
NB : Rich H must be "busy" at present as he has yet to answer a similar query re the latest F&IW update.

This forum is not the HPS/JTS tech support forum and any OFFICIAL answer should be directed to the appropriate tech support email address.
I do know that. I thought people on forums were meant to help each other, not ignore queries that they are capable of answering or pass the buck elsewhere....

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry, that quarter you put in the forum last month ran out. Try pumping in more coins and we here on the forum might answer you ....

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I only answer questions I know the answer to........the intricacies or game mechanics bores me silly,........I wish I was an expert but I prefer the enjoyment of the play over the background noise , as do most people.
Do not know anything about the patch as I have not uploaded it into my Waterloo game , as I am not dealing with Waterloo at the present time.
I remember being on a forum and asked 2 questions and they still have not been answered 2 years later.
The American Civil War part of this website has died because of lack of postings; even trivia would keep it going.........trivia adds identity and personality to a poster.....whenever I join a website.............I make my presence felt.... I could just ask dozens of questions and that would all there would be.....bland text and game mechanics blurp.............yaaaaaawn !
Nobody is deliberately ignoring you..................just as you are not deliberately only making 19 postings in two and a half years. as a forum member.
Ask a question on the ACW part of the site.........and watch the tumbleweed blow...............

DEB

Reaction score
Country
ll
Sorry, that quarter you put in the forum last month ran out. Try pumping in more coins and we here on the forum might answer you ....
I am not usually inclined to "pump in more coins" as you put it, but I guess I could.
I have approx. 80 pages of A4 worth of error adjustments made to 5 HPS Napoleonic games ( mostly OOB's ); I could start posting re each one if you like...

Last edited:

DEB

Reaction score
Country
ll
I only answer questions I know the answer to........the intricacies or game mechanics bores me silly,........I wish I was an expert but I prefer the enjoyment of the play over the background noise , as do most people.
a) So do I
b) So you endure crap ?
c) Not alone there...

Do not know anything about the patch as I have not uploaded it into my Waterloo game , as I am not dealing with Waterloo at the present time.
Fair enough.

I remember being on a forum and asked 2 questions and they still have not been answered 2 years later.
Been there, done that, no T-Shirt available !

The American Civil War part of this website has died because of lack of postings; even trivia would keep it going.........trivia adds identity and personality to a poster.....whenever I join a website.............I make my presence felt.... I could just ask dozens of questions and that would all there would be.....bland text and game mechanics blurp.............yaaaaaawn !
:bored:

Nobody is deliberately ignoring you..................just as you are not deliberately only making 19 postings in two and a half years. as a forum member.
I believe some people are - they always "ignore" posts. I come here to ask questions and obtain information when I feel the need. I don't converse for the sake of conversation ( other than to reply in this vein when nescessary).

Ask a question on the ACW part of the site.........and watch the tumbleweed blow...............
Happens everywhere....