WARS support for Civil War Battle series

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Obviously, this section is brand new and we do not yet have the WARS support going for the series. One of the things we will need to make that happen is a spreadsheet with a list of scenarios from each title. The file will need to include the following info:

• Scenario title
  • Date
  • Which game in the series it is from
  • Number of turns
This will be a big help to us in getting the WARS support going. I do not own all of these so I can't do it myself. It is also possible someone already has this type of info on hand.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Try here. I think they have them priced about as cheap as I have seen them anywhere.

NWS

Also, there is a buy 5 for the price of 3 deal available. Let me know if you are interested in that and I can steer you in the right direction.

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
RangerBooBoo said:
Try here. I think they have them priced about as cheap as I have seen them anywhere.

NWS

Also, there is a buy 5 for the price of 3 deal available. Let me know if you are interested in that and I can steer you in the right direction.
Thanks for the link. Im not sure I could afford the 5 for price of 3 right now. But Im thinking of at least getting one of the Civil War Battle Titles. So does anyone have an recommentdations of which one I should buy first??
THanks, DJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm going to recommend you get the Gettysburg game. It is the battle most people are familar with but this game not only covers the historical battle with a bunch of scenarios but allows you to fight the entire campaign from Brandy Station to Lee's retreat. The number of scenarios is huge and the maps are enormous for computer games which allows you plenty of opportunity to maneuver. The other games in the series uses the same engine if you find one of the other campsigns of particular interest then by all means get it. However I think the Gettysburg game will offer you the greatest bang for your buck.

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I agree with Mark. For me, this battle is also the most interesting after visiting the battlefield three times. If price is an issue you might also look on ebay or use our buying/selling forum to see if someone wants to make a deal.

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
RangerBooBoo said:
I'm going to recommend you get the Gettysburg game. It is the battle most people are familar with but this game not only covers the historical battle with a bunch of scenarios but allows you to fight the entire campaign from Brandy Station to Lee's retreat. The number of scenarios is huge and the maps are enormous for computer games which allows you plenty of opportunity to maneuver. The other games in the series uses the same engine if you find one of the other campsigns of particular interest then by all means get it. However I think the Gettysburg game will offer you the greatest bang for your buck.
Thanks for the response I'll have to get on that right away. Sorry for all the questions but what are some of the things that really make this game good? I mean Im going to get it once I get money together but I just wanted to see anyones input on the game such as the pros and cons.
Thanks, DJ

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a overview page I put together for it:

http://www.hist-sdc.com/getty/index.html

And then if you check out at the bottom there's several links for various places, one of which is Doug's designer's notes, which I highly suggest reading as it gives a good idea as to his reasoning behind various design decisions.

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
RangerBooBoo said:

NWS

Thanks for the link! I was about to give HPS $50 for Campaign Gettysburg and NWS sells it for $30!!!

rahamy

Reaction score
Come back for a match when you get your copy...I've posted a challenge up above in the opponent finder.

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
rahamy said:
Come back for a match when you get your copy...I've posted a challenge up above in the opponent finder.
Will do. I've played all the TalonSoft CW games so I'm hoping my learning curve won't be too step. Plus, this will help me understand how we may be able to integrate this game into WARS.

rahamy

Reaction score
You will have no problem adjusting then. There are differences for sure, but the basic game mechanics are the same. I'll be here when youa re ready.

Regards,
Rich

Dr Zaius

Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
WestPointer said:
Will do. I've played all the TalonSoft CW games so I'm hoping my learning curve won't be too step. Plus, this will help me understand how we may be able to integrate this game into WARS.
Also, I have an Excel sheet here that one of the guys sent that has much of the CWB scenario info on it. We can use that as a start for WARS.

rahamy

Reaction score
Don,

Cool. I also have a guy who has the complete set of info in a database...he's supposed to be compiling it into an Excel sheet for me this weekend, so if all goes well we will have the needed data by the end of the weekend.

He's got all the Battleground stuff too, but I only asked for the HPS stuff at this point.

Regards,
Rich