Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is what i've been getting ready to work with:

http://www.microtactix.com/

it has the two things i desire:

-it's dirt cheap!!

-it's open to serious custom work.

I still have yet to order. Here's how it works: You buy the .PDF file from Microtactix and download it. You can then make as many full color copies onto cardstock as your wargaming heart desires. The town and dungeon stuff looks have a lot of value for a skirmish scaled game or an RPG.

Back in 1990 i made a 4' long, 3' wide castle for Warhammer out of a sheet of pink 1.5" foam insulation. the insulation and paint cost me less than $20. the castle that Warhammer offered was at least $60. I was far too poor for that back then.

Making it from scratch isn't expensive but it does take a certain amount of patience and some experimentation to find materials that work together. ( i had a horrible time glueing foam to foam-the glue wouldhold but the foam would snap---i had to use bits of paperclip to pin everything)

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you want to make your own stuff from scratch the best place to go is:

www.hirstarts.com

You get mold kits and you can make a lot of cool stuff. I have messed around with buildings and the best thing is you can make a building and then make it bombed out.

The bridge set they have are great too.

I have not tackled the whole castle yet…

The site is a great source for mold but also ideas. Look at the gallery and see what other people have built.