• Zulu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't believe Band of Brothers should be included. It has an unfair advantage of being able to go so much more in depth than any of the other movies. Its not a true movie. Just blowing off steam! :bang:

Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
I don't believe Band of Brothers should be included. It has an unfair advantage of being able to go so much more in depth than any of the other movies. Its not a true movie. Just blowing off steam! :bang:
That's why it didn't get my vote..........a mini-series is a completely different genre. BoB is fantastic, but this is not its category.

Marines

Reaction score
With the list provided I have too go with Glory. This film is one of the most accurate civil war films to date.

This war was gruesome and cost a great deal and I don't like too see it prettied up like in Gettysburg trying to make it some thing it wasn't. Don't get me wrong I like Gettysburg but it was so far off when it came to the actual battlefield conditions.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Marines
With the list provided I have too go with Glory. This film is one of the most accurate civil war films to date.

This war was gruesome and cost a great deal and I don't like too see it prettied up like in Gettysburg trying to make it some thing it wasn't. Don't get me wrong I like Gettysburg but it was so far off when it came to the actual battlefield conditions.
But Glory has the serious fault of using the usual PC "all white people are bad" gene. I agree, the action is excellent, as well as the training phases, but I like Gettysburg because it shows both sides were good folks with differing opinions. And, of course, because the excellent battles scenes. And what do you mean exactly, battlefield conditions? Because they shot it at Gettysburg.

Marines

Reaction score
But Glory has the serious fault of using the usual PC "all white people are bad" gene. I agree, the action is excellent, as well as the training phases, but I like Gettysburg because it shows both sides were good folks with differing opinions. And, of course, because the excellent battles scenes. And what do you mean exactly, battlefield conditions? Because they shot it at Gettysburg.
Like I said I liked Gettysburg but it had far too many faults. Yes it was historically correct when it came to the formations, people and areas they fought in. When I saw Gettysburg it reminded me of the war movies of old (40's-60's) that only showed the glory and the dieing for a cause theme, I'm sorry but that is not how it was and any civil war historian will tell you that.

I'm no fan of gore when it comes to war movies as I've seen enough in real life but to accurately convey what it was like it takes scenes like those that Gettysburg did not include.

I will probably take heat for this and maybe rightly so but this movie was rated PG-13 and war is not PG its not even R but the closer you come to it the less we are to partake in it.

GeorgiaDixie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Marines
Like I said I liked Gettysburg but it had far too many faults. Yes it was historically correct when it came to the formations, people and areas they fought in. When I saw Gettysburg it reminded me of the war movies of old (40's-60's) that only showed the glory and the dieing for a cause theme, I'm sorry but that is not how it was and any civil war historian will tell you that.

I'm no fan of gore when it comes to war movies as I've seen enough in real life but to accurately convey what it was like it takes scenes like those that Gettysburg did not include.

I will probably take heat for this and maybe rightly so but this movie was rated PG-13 and war is not PG its not even R but the closer you come to it the less we are to partake in it.
I beg to differ. Gettysburg, true, was light on the gore. It was more of an old-time war movie, maybe that's why I liked it much better than Glory. But where I think you're wrong is dying for a cause. That's what the WBTS was all about. Those armies were both dedicated to causes, the North to preserve the Union, the South for states' rights and its homeland. It may have been light on the gore, but it was a much more romantic time and many of the boys who suffered through the gore even said that, while the war was the most horrible our country has ever seen, that it did have a sense of civility, even at the surrender.

Marines

Reaction score
I beg to differ. Gettysburg, true, was light on the gore. It was more of an old-time war movie, maybe that's why I liked it much better than Glory. But where I think you're wrong is dying for a cause. That's what the WBTS was all about. Those armies were both dedicated to causes, the North to preserve the Union, the South for states' rights and its homeland. It may have been light on the gore, but it was a much more romantic time and many of the boys who suffered through the gore even said that, while the war was the most horrible our country has ever seen, that it did have a sense of civility, even at the surrender.
You said it not me. "Romantic"

War is not romantic and nor is it filled with glory and if you had ever served in a combat environment you would know this, if you die you are just that...dead nothing more.

The romantisizing of war is the result of Hollywood and so many people accept this as the way it is and it makes me sick.

Napoleon

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Zulu is tied for second place!! ZULU!!!!

"You heard that Officer of Engineers!"

"Carry on with your mudpies."

"A chap should look smart in front of the men, don't you think?"