War In Peace ASL Post WWII

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
zgrose said:
BTW, is the MASL being referred to the same as/descendent of the VNASL rules? I believe there was a chapter YY that was about 2 pages long.

Slightly OT but I have a couple of PDFs - a CHapter V I think and Vehicle notes for ASL Vietnam. Dated late 90's I think? Anyone know the origin of these? Are they the basis of the current ASL Vietnam stuff?

Andy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think I have the same thing that you do, got it as part of an eBay auction some years ago. I have 11 scenarios labeled MJN#, 4 pages of rules, 16 chapter 'AA' pages (has a date 6 July '97), 11 chapter 'HH' pages (same date), 8 pages of 'War in Peace' rules (and a scenario MJN 1c "Grounding Noriega" .. that I think belongs with the first set of 11 scenarios).

Always wondered where they came from .. haven't a clue.

Frank

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Harold said:
I will be fair and say I'd try it but only someone else's copy first. If it looked and gamed good then maybe I would get it myself. The two greatest reasons why I would be reluctant to purchase it without seeing it first are I'm not interested in hypothetical situations and I don't like armor heavy or all armor scenarios in ASL. Those IMO are two things that MASL will have to rely on to sell itself. Somehow I don't see Guerilla battles in Central America and Africa as generating a whole lot of buzz. Another thing is please don't make things more complicated than they need to be. Grounding Noriega, the only MASL scenario I know of was ahead of its time but bit off more than it could chew in some respects. The night vision goggles section was overkill. Good luck.
Actually, most MASL scenarios will be infantry only, or armor in support. We try to keep the rules as simple as possible and in the frame of the current ASL rules.

Frank

Frank

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
zgrose said:
BTW, is the MASL being referred to the same as/descendent of the VNASL rules? I believe there was a chapter YY that was about 2 pages long.
MASL is the successor of VNASL. But the original VNASL rules were not chapter YY and more pages... ;-)

Frank

Frank

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Andy McMaster said:
Slightly OT but I have a couple of PDFs - a CHapter V I think and Vehicle notes for ASL Vietnam. Dated late 90's I think? Anyone know the origin of these? Are they the basis of the current ASL Vietnam stuff?
Yes. VNASL was the first step before MASL. Many things changed in the meantime, though.

Frank

Frank

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Corporal Kindel said:
I think I have the same thing that you do, got it as part of an eBay auction some years ago. I have 11 scenarios labeled MJN#, 4 pages of rules, 16 chapter 'AA' pages (has a date 6 July '97), 11 chapter 'HH' pages (same date), 8 pages of 'War in Peace' rules (and a scenario MJN 1c "Grounding Noriega" .. that I think belongs with the first set of 11 scenarios).
Always wondered where they came from .. haven't a clue.
"War in Peace" has no connection to the current MASL project. Also, the scenarios "MJN" I cannot connect with the current MASL or the old VNALS project.
Do you want to send me the "HH" chapter and MJN scenarios by email ?

Frank

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Frank said:
MASL is the successor of VNASL. But the original VNASL rules were not chapter YY and more pages... ;-)

Frank
I probably misread the PDF in my haste. It appeared to be a SW only section (grenade launchers and gatling guns). Will be interesting to see the final product.