Wanting to make Hex-maps; need HexDraw License Key

Shadow10ac

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hello all.

I'm trying to fashion a game ruleset of Global War '36 (A sort of modifed Axis and Allies) in which a game of ASL is played for every battle. I consequently essentially want to make a custom ASL-style hexmap for every land zone and island.

I've been told by several members of the community that HexDraw is an excellent program for such purposes and that I should seek a full license for the program.

Unfortunately the website on which I'm supposed to buy HexDraw, the purchase and download options are unavailable and have been for over a month. I've been given a full copy of HexDraw by a kind gentleman who unfortunately had not written down his license key. Basically I just need a license key from someone who has theirs written down.

For what it's worth, I'm willing to promise to purchase the program legitimately as soon as that option becomes available.

If you're uncomfortable posting the code publically, please just message me privately.

Thanks in advance!

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Are you on Facebook? You could approach the designer directly. His name is Jo Bader.

Shadow10ac

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have emailed his official email for hexdraw, but haven't thought to approach him personally via facebook. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Searching for "Jo Bader" or "Joachim Bader" produced no reasonable results on facebook. It feels creepy to try to pry further than looking for an official account.

Last edited:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Here is a link to his page.