Want to get out of prison, chop your junk off and you get a pardon

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
It's a simple issue: he was exposing secrets of government but was acquitted of espionage because he doesn't represent a foreign government. I don't like our dirty laundry being aired out in public but no one has died as a result, and the problem is that we shouldn't be at war in the first place.

Eric Snowden is the one who deserves a full pardon. He exposed that the NSA was in violation of the 4th Amendment because it is unconstitutional to spy on Americans, he is truly a patriot.

Dave68124

It's a simple issue: he was exposing secrets of government but was acquitted of espionage because he doesn't represent a foreign government. I don't like our dirty laundry being aired out in public but no one has died as a result, and the problem is that we shouldn't be at war in the first place.

Eric Snowden is the one who deserves a full pardon. He exposed that the NSA was in violation of the 4th Amendment because it is unconstitutional to spy on Americans, he is truly a patriot.
Just laughing how incredibly stupid you are. Maybe educate yourself on how Snowden got his information. You talk about your livelihood, yet, Snowden got about 50 people fired at the NSA for allowing him to use their computers to steal the information that he eventually gave to foreign governments.

You really are a hypocritical sap.

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
Of all the full of shit things you ever said, this is the most egregious example of them all. Snowden got people killed. Americans and allies alike, across the globe. He is a traitor to his country and his people. But you know, you read the fake news that feeds your echo chamber and dismiss all else. I am not surprise you would hold this piece of shit up as a patriot. Stupid beyond words. -- jim

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Prove to me that one person has died as a result of wikileaks. I know that none have. I am glad that the NSA was exposed because I believe in liberty. Thank God for patriots like Edward (perdón) Snowden.

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
Prove to me that one person has died as a result of wikileaks. I know that none have. I am glad that the NSA was exposed because I believe in liberty. Thank God for patriots like Edward (perdón) Snowden.
Exposed for what? But here, judge for yourself. I wouldn't expect you to believe me and I can't prove it definitively, at least not with what I have posted here. It should be telling the first people who went to wasn't the press, it was the Chinese. After them, the Russians. All this "freedom fighter" bullshit is a well crafted story set up after the fact. You know, fake news to dupe the cucks. -- jim

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
lol that article even admits that the NSA has been reigned in and all it has to object with is speculation that terrorists might be able to attack us more effectively. Well you self identify as a libertarian so I wonder why you justify trading freedom for security. Security from foreign threats is a lot easier to stop if you don't import their people here. The Emperor has already proposed a referendum on terrorist havens and the defeated old establishment gnashes its teeth about that...so I'm not really interested in what they have to say about security. The time for excuses is over.

Effectively the only thing that has happened is that creeps have been forced to give up their illegal activities against citizens.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/27/politics/nsa-snooping/
http://beforeitsnews.com/spies-and-...e-photos-and-passing-them-around-2446518.html
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/jul/10/nsa-warrantless-wiretapping-crime
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/live-chat-silicon-valley-the-nsa-and-you/

If it wasn't for Edward Snowden, this information would not be public and that's a fact, not speculation.

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
If it wasn't for Edward Snowden, this information would not be public and that's a fact, not speculation.
If you say so. Pelosi wants him pardoned too. Guess that makes you a cuck as well. -- jim

Dave68124

I guess it means that not everyone is wrong all of the time about every possible thing especially when it's so obvious.

Horrible analogy. Sad!
Can you say hypocrite? Time to move on - I am tiring of dealing with stupid hypocrites. Going to be a fun 4 years watching you lose your bowel control. Hopefully your ass is out on the street soon.

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
I guess it means that not everyone is wrong all of the time about every possible thing especially when it's so obvious.

Horrible analogy. Sad!
Sad is your support for a traitor but then I guess I don't have the luxury of ignorance you have so apparently in abundance. -- jim

Mister T

Silver Supporting Member
The Donald will probably pardon Snowden in the last days of his term, just like Obama did for Manning. Well, if he survives assassination attempts masterminded by the domestic "intelligence community". The bets are on.

Dave68124

Not all of us can be non-objective the way you can.

I'm up for promotion you cunt, lol
Wow, private first class. It doesn't matter, you will implode one day and they will kick your hypocritical ass out to the street. The nation wins on that day. One less racist serving in our military with dubious convictions to his oath.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
*autistic screeching*
Having a wonderful day in Trump's America! It's always a good thing when your opponents are so pathetic and incapable that they lie to themselves right in front of you and then try to convince you of their own lunacy.

It's too funny - we could talk about anything and you'll just say 'das racisss they gonna fire you'

I'm predicting right now that you'll say it in every thread on every conversation because you are objectively stupid and unable to keep up.

Sad is your support for a traitor but then I guess I don't have the luxury of ignorance you have so apparently in abundance. -- jim
So then you contend that the NSA spying on Americans was a good thing? Upholding the bill of rights is traitorous now?
If I'm so ignorant then so some facts instead of saying nothing.

I know you won't answer this, but seriously why do you call yourself a libertarian? You oppose every issue related to liberty.

Dave68124

Having a wonderful day in Trump's America! It's always a good thing when your opponents are so pathetic and incapable that they lie to themselves right in front of you and then try to convince you of their own lunacy.

It's too funny - we could talk about anything and you'll just say 'das racisss they gonna fire you'

I'm predicting right now that you'll say it in every thread on every conversation because you are objectively stupid and unable to keep up.
Go chase that dream, Private, of your white America. The irony of you cashing the checks from a government you loath. I guess your convictions can only go so far, but hey, once a loser always a loser seems to fit you pretty well.

Sparafucil3

Staff member
First name
Jim
So then you contend that the NSA spying on Americans was a good thing? Upholding the bill of rights is traitorous now?
You're a military guy. Imagine your LT gives you an order you find fraudulent or illegal. Do you go to the Daesh/Russians/Chinese and give them everything you know and say "My LT is an asshat"? How do you think that would play with your fellow soldiers and/or fellow Americans? Notice, my position the rightness or the wrongness of NSA's alleged wrong doing is not relevant to the question. There are channels and he didn't follow them. He went to America's enemies to air his grievances. He could have gone to the American press and he would have no argument from me. I wouldn't like it, but he wouldn't be the complete piece of shit he is in my eyes today.

If I'm so ignorant then so some facts instead of saying nothing.
Can't. Wish I could.

I know you won't answer this, but seriously why do you call yourself a libertarian? You oppose every issue related to liberty.
My position on this has been stated very clearly over the years. I am no real fan of the Patriot Act, but I understand why it is there and as long as it had sunset provisions, I could live with it. See, what you don't get or don't care to know is there are legal protections in place. Broadly speaking, the Patriot Act did abridge the rights of every citizen. It had to. Because if you didn't, then you had no access to the tools you need to do the collection you must without violating the rights of the people here to actually trying to do you harm. Violating the rights of that person was a get out of jail free card and a jail cell for those who protect and serve. It boils down to a philosophical question which is hard to answer, and frankly, there is no good answer: do you protect the rights of an individual over the rights of those who may or may not be killed? It is impossible to say how many lives have been saved because of this. You never know what would have happened if you couldn't do this. In addition, with the court, the practical upshot is no one had their rights abridged unless the legal system ruled in favor of it. The laws as written left the US in a catch-22 position, unable to get wiretaps because you couldn't prove illegal activity, but pretty certain--based on the preponderance of the other evidence--that something bad was brewing.

An example: you call 911 and tell them your boyfriend threatened you, they can't do anything because there is no real commission of a crime. Eventually, he kills you and everyone is outraged because we could all see it coming, but the laws as written didn't allow law enforcement to do anything. Now, take this onto a grand scale, where 19 people with box-cutters high-jacked 4 airplanes and killed more than 3000 people and you begin to see how hard that dilemma is. Add in WMD and the possible outcomes for being wrong are catastrophic. There is no easy way to answer which side of that equation you err on. I pray we never have to post mortem and say "if only".

Insight into one case. Success story. Can't say how many lives were saved, if any. We don't know because the dude went to jail before he ever got to it.

In the long, knowing what I know and doing what I do, I get the need. I understand why someone else wouldn't get the need, especially if they were on the outside of this fight looking in.

YMMV. -- jim

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
You're a military guy. Imagine your LT gives you an order you find fraudulent or illegal. Do you go to the Daesh/Russians/Chinese and give them everything you know and say "My LT is an asshat"? How do you think that would play with your fellow soldiers and/or fellow Americans? Notice, my position the rightness or the wrongness of NSA's alleged wrong doing is not relevant to the question. There are channels and he didn't follow them. He went to America's enemies to air his grievances. He could have gone to the American press and he would have no argument from me. I wouldn't like it, but he wouldn't be the complete piece of shit he is in my eyes today.
Again I ask for the proof of this. I know that Snowden is still living in exile in Russia so if this was a bargaining chip for his life, it is regrettable but not something I condemn him for. It's not like giving away our military secrets like Jonathan Pollard, who is a traitor of the highest order.
Chelsea Manning, on the other hand, is obviously a traitor and deserved a dishonorable discharge, but the overall impact of wikileaks has saved our country and it will probably save the lives of many innocents in the days to come. To me the big question isn't about either whistleblower but that we actually had such a corrupt government.

My position on this has been stated very clearly over the years. I am no real fan of the Patriot Act, but I understand why it is there and as long as it had sunset provisions, I could live with it. See, what you don't get or don't care to know is there are legal protections in place.
Stop telling me what I think.

Broadly speaking, the Patriot Act did abridge the rights of every citizen. It had to. Because if you didn't, then you had no access to the tools you need to do the collection you must without violating the rights of the people here to actually trying to do you harm. Violating the rights of that person was a get out of jail free card and a jail cell for those who protect and serve. It boils down to a philosophical question which is hard to answer, and frankly, there is no good answer: do you protect the rights of an individual over the rights of those who may or may not be killed? It is impossible to say how many lives have been saved because of this. You never know what would have happened if you couldn't do this. In addition, with the court, the practical upshot is no one had their rights abridged unless the legal system ruled in favor of it. The laws as written left the US in a catch-22 position, unable to get wiretaps because you couldn't prove illegal activity, but pretty certain--based on the preponderance of the other evidence--that something bad was brewing.

An example: you call 911 and tell them your boyfriend threatened you, they can't do anything because there is no real commission of a crime. Eventually, he kills you and everyone is outraged because we could all see it coming, but the laws as written didn't allow law enforcement to do anything. Now, take this onto a grand scale, where 19 people with box-cutters high-jacked 4 airplanes and killed more than 3000 people and you begin to see how hard that dilemma is. Add in WMD and the possible outcomes for being wrong are catastrophic. There is no easy way to answer which side of that equation you err on. I pray we never have to post mortem and say "if only".

Insight into one case. Success story. Can't say how many lives were saved, if any. We don't know because the dude went to jail before he ever got to it.

In the long, knowing what I know and doing what I do, I get the need. I understand why someone else wouldn't get the need, especially if they were on the outside of this fight looking in.

YMMV. -- jim
Alrite if that's how you want the law to work. As for me, whether I think it's acceptable or not, I don't think that the government we have had was competent enough to even wield that kind of power over citizens. As to your question, there is an easy solution if you acknowledge that it is a foreign people of a foreign ideology that is at war with you, and that it is a simple matter to keep them out of your nation (not theirs, not anyone but ours).