Wanna hear a REAL Tiger Tank anyone ??? ( droollll)

macrobo

King of Boxcars
Reaction score
First name
Rob
Country
llAustralia
My 2 Cents
They sound good when they worked - they broke down lots and lots
I am a tiger fan but its a bit like my footy team - bottom of the ladder boys
Even Wittman could not use his tiger 50% of the time and ended (he was a company commander in the end) up being in lots of different Tigers

Rob ?

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know what tank numbered 335, parked in front of Churchill BC, is? Looks a bit modern to be WW2, but light weapons. Twin ball mounted MG seems a bit odd for turret weapons, then maybe a 2pd or a 37.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Does anyone know what tank numbered 335, parked in front of Churchill BC, is? Looks a bit modern to be WW2, but light weapons. Twin ball mounted MG seems a bit odd for turret weapons, then maybe a 2pd or a 37.
I can't play the videos, but there is a 335 in Bovington.

It's a Landsverk L-60 S/III aka Stridsvagn m/40L. I had photographed it in 2003 before it was numbered, so it took me some time to link it and the number 335. That variant was a late Swedish version with the 37mm Bofors tank gun and twin Browning 8mm MG. What appear to be ball mounts are actually circular plates a couple of inches from the fixed main front armour plate covering the holes for the MG. The MA has it's own movable mantle but that only covers the front left half of the turret front. As best I can figure the CMGs elevate with the MA, IE are rigidly linked internally. The Swedes at that time seemed to have a fetish for twin CMG.

From memory of the blurb, that tank was one in service with the Swedish Army in WW2 and later sold to the Dominican Republic.

The original L-60 variants were armed with Madsen 20mm cannon and a single Madsen CMG. Apart from Swedish usage, 2 were sold to Ireland and one to Hungary who built a modified licenced version as the Toldi I.

To represent that particular one in ASL use a Toldi I but with 37L [1] and -/6 (or -/8). For the Irish or early Swedish ones again use a Toldi but with a 20L (4) [1] and -/4, the 20mm is a true auto cannon not an ATR.

Last edited:

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Inside a REAL Tiger Tank,...<snip>….The REAL thing,.. You gonaa lovee thissss
Tha' no' a real tank, Laddie. For Gawd's sake mun, it's only got one gun. Personally, I'd be a bit ashamed uv m'self if I showed up in that rattl'in beastie.

Newwww,....just take wee peek a' the beauty in mah avatar, that ther' is a real piece of kit.

Makes a mun proud just look'in at 'er, do' it no'?

Last edited: